15

The sound of two boys woke him up that morning and the first thing he felt was warm

Hoseok was wrapped up in a soft blanket on a big warm bed alone in a big pretty room.

And he was scared.

He recalled the last few hours he could remember but felt his thoughts cloud up and his shoulder bunch up as he started to panic, unmoving.

He felt his mind going into that space again and thought of looking around for his kitty. pancake!

But his kitty wasn't here. No one was here.

He wasn't home.

Hoseok felt a choked sob rack his throat causing an immediate onslaught of tears to fill his eyes and run down his face.

He was crying.

No.

He was throwing a downright tantrum.

Hoseok closed his eyes shut tight and kicked the cover off his legs, shaking his fists into the air. He screamed at the top of his lungs and kept screaming, even when someone came in the room.

A soft feminine hand rested on the back of Hoseoks neck and leaned him into their chest. Hoseok quickly latched to the person, his vision blurred by tears.

She ran smooth hands down his face, wiping tears from his eyes with her fingers. "Hush, baby, shh," a soft voice; a gentle but firm touch on his shoulders, attempting to ground him. "I know. I know you're scared."

Hoseok fought to open his eyes through tears. He was scared and felt alone in an unfamiliar environment.

The body shielding his was soft and warm and smelled like vanilla and rose water.

Like his baths. Like his home.

Hoseok made eye contact with a young woman and she looked back at him with loving care.

A wave of relief washed over him as he smiled faintly at the stranger.

"Mama.."

A moment of panic then confusion then realization in Rose's eyes and she pet Hoseok's hair down and looked deep into Hoseok's eyes, slipping into her role. "Hey, darling. What is it?"

Hoseok leaned into her touch and wrapped his arms around her, attempting to make a place for himself in her lap. When she kept him seated, he looked back at her, still, teary-eyed, and hiccuped out a whine.

"Seokie want-" he gulped. "Seokie wan' mamas l-lap."

"Al-alright." Rose bit her lip and furrowed her eyebrows. "Answer something for me, Seokie."

Hoseok nodded and moved to sit in her lap, putting his arms over her shoulders like a toddler.

"How old do you feel right now, Seokie?"