Beginning (1)

I do not and will never own Naruto. Thank you for reading this rewrite of The Uzumaki Brothers! I do hope you enjoy and I do plan on finishing this book.
///////////////

(Location: Konohagakure)

The screams of Uzumaki Kushina were heard in every nook and cranny of the small room. Namikaze Minato clutched her hand. "Gah! Minato! Why did you do this to me!" She exclaimed. She groaned in pain.

Minato flinched as Kushina gripped his hand a bit too tight. "Now, now. Calm down," he said soothingly, running his free hand through her hair. "When this is all over, we will be with our newest additions to our family." He smiled down at his wife. "Gaara and Naruto. Our twin boys."

Kushina cried out in pain before looking back up at Minato. "The first born will be named Gaara, right?" She asked, her lips parted as she breathes heavily.

"Yes," Minato said.

Sarutobi Biwako, Sarutobi Hiruzen's wife, looked up at Kushina. "Ready?" She asked. Kushina nodded. "Okay, push!"

[Thirty minutes later]

Kushina smiled down at her two babies. The first one had red hair, sea foam eyes, and a blonde streak through his hair. The second one had blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, and a red streak through his hair.

Gaara, the red head, opened his eyes and peered up at his mother. Minato was currently out of the room, facing the Kyuubi.

An explosion sounds right outside the small warehouse. Naruto began to cry.

Gaara reached for him. "You want to go your brother?" Kushina asked. She scooted him closer to Naruto. Gaara grabbed onto Naruto's wrist, making the blonde go silent and peer up at the red head.

Kushina cooed at them as Minato appeared in the room. "Kushina, darling," He said with a sad look.

[An hour later]

"We love you!" Minato and Kushina said simultaneously.

Naruto cried as Gaara held onto his wrist. Hiruzen walked up to the boys and gazed at them sadly. He ran a hand through Gaara's hair. "I apologize, child. But you and your twin will be separated for the time being," He said sadly.

Gaara, as if knowing what was said, glared at Hiruzen. Hiruzen sighed and stepped to the side as Rasa came into view. "Is this the child?" Rasa asked, looking at the red headed boy that was clinging to his twin brother's arm.

"Yes, Rasa-sama," Hiruzen said.

Rasa nodded his head and picked up Gaara. The red head cried and fought in Rasa's arms. "A feisty one I see," Rasa said. "You won't be much longer once I put the Ichibi inside of you."

[Ten Years Later]
(Location: Uzushiogakure; Uzumaki Clan House)

Kailin wipes his forehead as he pulls another weed from his garden. He glares up at the sun, and continues his work.

'Kailin, when will you save our sons?'

Kailin knows who the voice in his head is. Well, voices. He wasn't crazy, far from it actually, but he has mental contact with the dead.