Welcome, Kailin (2)

I do not and will never own Naruto. Thank you for reading this rewrite of The Uzumaki Brothers! I do hope you enjoy and I do plan on finishing this book.
///////////////

(Location: Uzushiogakure; Uzumaki Clan House)

Sighing, Kailin packs his bags. After enough nagging from the two spirits- Minato and Kushina- he agrees to go to Konoha and protect their children.

Walking out to his garden that he has been working on for about five years, Kailin places a genjutsu over the plants.

It would be a pain in his arse to come back and find his plants dead. His hard work for five years would go down the drain.

'Much thanks, Kailin. You have no idea how much this means to me and Minato. No more worrying about our children.'

'They are in safe hands, I assume. But do hurry, Kailin. That Fourth Kazekage is up to no good. it would be best to hurry and eliminate the man.'

'Now Minato, shouldn't our children's safety come first? I mean, I would enjoy pummeling the man into the ground, but I want my precious boys to be safe.'

'Maybe if you two would stop nagging me, maybe I could hurry faster and get there and save them.'

'Is that an attitude I hear?'

'Uh oh...'

(Location: Konohagakure; Naruto's Apartment)

"Sorry, Gaara-kun. It is not the cleanest, but it's the best I've got in a place like this," Naruto says. The blonde opens the door and whispers a soft 'I'm back' before closing the door behind Gaara. "It's filthy, but make yourself at home," he says.

Gaara looks around the apartment. It is filthy, but it looks like it is the cleanest it can ever get. he takes note of the different words on the wall, flinching at some of them. "Naruto-kun, what is it with these words?" The red head asks.

Naruto flinches. "I'd rather not talk about," he says. "Anyway, stay here. I'll go get what we need and continue from there. I'll be back in a second."

As Naruto walks off, Gaara looks at him sadly. Walking over to one of the walls, the red head traces some of the words. He wonders why they were up there. Did Naruto write them? No, it can't be. Why would someone who wrote such words as this flinch when called out.

Naruto walks toward his room. Standing beside his bed, he kneels down and grabs something out from the bottom. A book with an orange cover.

Smiling mischievously the boy skips back towards Gaara, freezing when he sees the boy tracing the words on the wall. "Um, Gaara-kun, what are you doing?"

Gaara simply retreats his hand and turns toward Naruto. "Nothing at all," he says.

Naruto narrows his eyes before showing Gaara the book. "Look, Gaara-kun! This is a prank book, something we will be needing today," he says. "Or tomorrow. Depends on how long you stay."

"Father made it quite clear we will be staying for a week's time," Gaara says. "We probably have plenty of time to do whatever you are planning."