The Village (17)

(Location: Konohagakure; Hospital)

Naruto sits up in his bed. He places his hands on his lap. Gaara stands beside him. "For two months, we will be in our village so that you two can train. We also have to begin the tests for the newer shinobi that you two brought," Kailin says to his sons.

His two brothers stand beside him. Misaki's head never lifted to look at his nephews. Izumo pats his head. "We will be joining you. I will be Kaitlin's advisor and Misaki will be his bodyguard," Izumo says.

Kailin scoffs. "I don't need either," he says.

"We're siblings. You trust us, right?" Izumo asks. The eldest of the trio sighs. "Exactly," he says. He ruffles the youngest hair.

Misaki keeps his head down. "Hey, Uncle Saki," Naruto calls out. Misaki looks up slowly. "Thank you for bringing Menma. We used to be good friends, even if it was only for a day. He's been through a lot, and he's really powerful," he says with a grin. "I'm gonna get stronger than him. I thank you for showing me someone who can be my rival."

Misaki blushes and rubs the back of his head with a sheepish grin. "No problem, kid! I have an eye for things like that," he says, placing his hands on his hips. He laughs loudly.

Kailin flicks his earring. "I'll find the nurse," he says.

Gaara groans and sits down in a chair. He yawns loudly. "What about Jiraiya-san, Uncle Zumo?" he asks.

Izumo's face darkens. "That pervert is fine right where he is. If he follows me, he will regret ever being born," he says with a scowl.

Naruto and Gaara blink and slowly nod their heads. "Note to self, don't get on Uncle Zumo's bad side," they both mutter to each other.

Misaki snickers.

Kailin comes back into the room with the nurse behind him. He sticks his hands in his pockets and leans back against the wall. He watches as the nurse looks over Naruto.

"You're good to go," she says. "I just your parent(s) or guardian(s) to sign this paper for your release since you're underage," she says, holding up a release paper on a clipboard.

Kailin takes the pin from her and signs his name. "Let's go, kid," he says.

Naruto gets up and gets dressed. He stretches his back. He grabs Gaara's hand and squeezes it. The redhead pulls his brother closer to him. "Where's Inari?" Naruto asks.

"With the Hokage. We have to stop by to tell him we will be leaving," Kailin says.

(Location: Unknown)

The family made up of only boys take their time as they make their way to their village.

Inari snores softly on Kaitlin's shoulder. Misaki covers his mouth with his hand and discreetly laughs at his brother. Izumo throws his arm over Misaki's shoulder.

Naruto skips. His twin grins at him. "What do you want to work on first?" Naruto asks. Gaara shrugs his shoulders.

"No idea. Probably my genjutsu. I'm not exactly the best at it," Gaara says with a small blush. He rubs the back of his head. "What about you?@ he asks.

Naruto taps his chin. "I'd say my kenjutsu. I wanna learn as much as I can about a sword," he says.

"Not sure you could learn that much in a two-month time span," Misaki says.

Izumo shakes his head. "Not true. From what Kailin has told us, I can say that if he makes enough shadow clones, he'll be able to learn a lot more than the average person," he says.

Misaki shrugs.

The Uzumaki goes through the gates of Uzushiogakure. Kailin nods his head at the guards. "Shiokage-sama," they say while bowing their heads at the six.

Naruto grins and waves at everyone. "Wow, it's been a while. So many people," he says. "How's the new system going?" he asks.

"Everything has been going smoothly so far," Kailin says. "The real reason why I requested two months is so we could hold the tests for the new shinobi," he says.

Misaki clears his throat. "Say what now?"

Izumo slaps the back of his younger brother's head. "Hush."

"Kai-kun!" Gaara grins evilly as he watches Jun come up to them. She smiles. "Oh, hello! I'm Jun," she introduces.

"I thought you left," Kailin says, his cheeks turning red as he messes with his earring.

Izumo and Misaki stifle their laughter. "Oh, right," Jun says. "There's a problem."
*