Meeting Kakashi (6)

(Location: Konohagakure; The Academy)

Naruto glances at the clock. It's been three hours since Iruka announced their teams. The blonde sighs heavily and watches as the hands on the clock slowly move.

He places his hand on his chin and leans back. He looks around the room for anything that could prove useful.

A few minutes later, Naruto dusts his hands off. "I bet he won't be late after this," he says. Sakura pales as she looks at what is about to happen to their sensei.

"Sensei is going to die," she says. The door swings open and a mirage of weapons are being catapulted at the silver-headed jounin. When the last weapon is thrown, Kakashi looks at the children with a wide eye. The weapons managed to pin him to the wall.

"That'll teach you to not be late again," Naruto says.

Kakashi sighs. "Mind getting me down?" He watches as the pink haired girl walks over to him and pulls the kunai and shuriken out of his clothes and wall. Kakashi stares at the three. "My first impression of you three is that you are nuisances." He watches as the walking bubblegum girl deflates. "Meet me on the roof," he says. With that, the jounin poofs away.

(Location: Sunagakure; Training Field)

Gaara stares at the man in front of him with a blank face. His 'siblings' stand beside him. There is some distance between them, but Gaara doesn't care. He would much rather be in Uzu with Kailin and Naruto.

Gaara lets out a sigh. "I want you all to run twenty laps around the field, do fifty punches, and then fifty kicks," Baki, their sensei, says.

The redhead holds back a snort. He starts running around the field. The field is relatively smaller than the one in Uzu, so it's nothing to Gaara. He finishes his laps and starts punching a tree. He had to stop three times so he could to another tree because he punched them a bit too hard. The kicks were easy as well. He just decided to kick some of the wooden poles.

When he finishes, he looks at his teammates. They were just then finishing their punches.

Gaara walks over to a stump and sits down. He crosses his legs and closes his eyes. He can't wait until he can finally leave this place.

(Location: Uzushiogakure; Shiokage's Tower; Shiokage's Office)

Kailin sighs and signs another paper. He has yet to choose which of his sons will become the next Shiokage, but he can't wait for the day.

'You're lazy, you know that?'

'Kushina, dear, perhaps he's tired of all the paperwork.'

'That's not an excuse, Minato! He can't just push all of the work on our children!'

'You two are going to make me lose the little bit of sanity I have.'

'It's not like you had any, to begin with.'

'Kushina!'

(Location: Konohagakure; The Academy; The Roof)

"Introduce yourselves," Kakashi says simply.

Sakura raises her hand as if she were in the classroom. "How do we do that?" she asks.

Kakashi stares at the girl in disbelief. How did she manage to get top kunoichi? "Hm, you name, likes, dislikes, hobbies, and your dream for the future," he says.

"Why don't you go first, Hatake-san," Naruto says.

Kakashi sighs and crosses his arms. He notices the narrowed eyes of Naruto. "Well, my name is Hatake Kakashi. I have many likes and very few dislikes. As for hobbies, I have plenty of hobbies. Dream for the future, ah, never really thought of it," he says.

Sakura deadpans. All he told them was his name. "I go first, then," she says. "My name is Haruno Sakura..."

Naruto didn't particularly pay attention to the pink haired girl. All she did was squeal and say that she hated him.

"The emo kid," Kakashi says, yawning slightly behind his mask.

"Uchiha Sasuke. I have little likes and very many dislikes. As for hobbies, I don't really have any other than training. My dream, however, is to kill a certain man," Sasuke says.

Naruto laughs silently to himself. Of course, the young Uchiha would be set on revenge. "It's my turn, ne? I'm Uzumaki Naruto. My likes are family, training, and prancing. My dislikes are bullying, child abuse, hurting my family, and more unspoken things. My dream for the future is to one day be worthy to be called my parents' son. I also want to become Hokage so that I can make sure that what happened to me will never happen to anyone else, for no child should ever bare a burden I was forced to have," Naruto says.

Kakashi's eye widens. How on earth did Naruto know about his parents? He would have to report this to the Hokage. "Alrighty then. Meet me at training field seven at eight o'clock tomorrow morning," Kakashi says. "Oh, and don't eat breakfast if you don't wanna throw up," he says with a wink.

As soon as he poofs away, Naruto says, "if I were you, I would eat."
*

I apologize for the shortness. I promise that the chapters will get longer. I just have to get over this massive writer's block.