C-Ranked Mission (8)

(Location: Uzushiogakure; Shiokage's Tower; Shiokage's Office)

Kailin leans back in his seat. "Tou-san," Gaara says. He places his hands on his father' desk. "We can not ignore this," he says.

Gaara's eyes were wide in fear. It was hard to admit, but he is scared of what will happen to him. But, he's even more afraid of what may happen to Naruto.

"Gaara, son, we can't do anything now. Our village is not as strong as it was in the past. We barely have children in the graduating class this year. Nine, if I remember correctly," Kailin says.

Gaara scowls. "Then start young, Tou-san! The age to attend the academy is seven, right? Then start at five! They can start mock missions when they're seven, and they'll get harder and harder as they grow older. They'll most likely graduate at ten, train to at least chunin level for two years, and compete in the Chunin Exams when they're twelve!" Gaara exclaims.

Kailin blinks and stares at his son in bewilderment. "When did you come up with this?" he asks.

The younger redhead shrugs. "I think when I'm alone in my room," he says. "But do you think it will work?" he asks.

Kailin sighs. "Yes, I will look into it. I've also noticed more rogues traveling along our borders. I'll send some jounin to bring them back," he says. He nods to himself. "Yes, this will work. Now, go back to Suna. Rasa will be getting suspicious," Kailin says.

Gaara sighs and glances at his father before nodded. "Alright. See you soon, Tou-san," he says. He walks out of the office, closing the door softly behind him.

Kailin sighs. He stands and walks over by the window. He looks out at the once large village. He frowns. The population is barely three hundred. Only a hundred makes up the ninja in the village. Yes, they're talented and are prodigies, but it is far from what the village used to be.

Kailin places a hand on the window. Soon. Soon the village will blossom, and everything will be like it was.

'Dang right!'

(Location: Konohagakure; Hokage's Tower; Hokage's Office)

Naruto scowls as he holds the demon cat away from him. "Take it away," he says with a growl. He glares darkly at Hiruzen. "Now, old man!"

Kakashi sighs. "Naruto, that is no way to speak to the Hokage," he says.

Sakura nods her head. "Yeah, Kakashi-sensei's right! Baka!"

Naruto glares at the pink haired girl. "I will break your wrist again, and this time, I will not heal it for you," he says. He then smiles 'innocently'. "So please shut your worthless trap, because some people don't want to listen to it," he says sweetly.

Hiruzen sighs. Something is troubling the young blonde, but he's not sure what. "Great job, Team Seven," he says, ignoring the banter between them. "Well, let's see what other missions I have for you. There's weeding the Haruki's garden, babysitting Mrs. Kiara's children, and cleaning the-" Naruto cuts Hiruzen off by throwing a kunai at him.

"Say another one of those chores, and I will seriously make it to where you're drowning in paperwork," Naruto says. Hiruzen sweatdrops at the boy. Is he on his man period? "You can at least give us a C-ranked mission," he says.

Hiruzen sighs. "Very well," he says. "Please come in, Tazuna-san," he says.

A man named Tazuna opens the door and leans against the frame. "A bunch of brats? Are they supposed to escort me back? Tsk, the pink bubblegum looks like she can't kill a fly with a flyswatter. The blonde one over there looks just pure dumb," he says with a scoff. His cheeks were tinted pink. He shook his sake bottle around.