Save Us (3)

I do not and will never own Naruto. Thank you for reading this rewrite of The Uzumaki Brothers! I do hope you enjoy and I do plan on finishing this book.
///////////////

(Location: Konohagakure; Hokage's Tower; Hokage's Office)

Hiruzen is speechless. He had not seen Kailin ever since the war. The war had changed a handful of people. Kailin was one of those handfuls.

He had disappeared after the war, and he was declared a missing nin. Now that he is back, Hiruzen has no words. "K-Kailin," he stutters. "It has been quite a while, my child."

Kailin rolls his eyes. "Over exaggerating as usual, I see," he says. "But the actually reason why I have come here is for those two."

Gaara's eyes narrow. What would the mysterious man possibly want with him? He understood that he is the son of Rasa, but he is also the youngest. Maybe it is because of the beast within him.

Naruto, however, believes this man has come to put an end to his torture. Maybe he will be finally killed, and the villagers will have what they have wished for.

"For what business," Hiruzen asks.

Kailin sighs.

'That Hiruzen.'

'Tell him off!'

'Calm down, darling.'

'Be quiet, Minato!'

Kailin's face scrunches up in discomfort. A head is beginning to ache because of the two spirits. "My business is my business," he says. Kailin flinches. "The mother of the two is very angry with you, Hiruzen. So is the father."

Hiruzen blinks owlishly. "Mother...father," he repeats. His eyes widen when realization dawns upon him. "Their parents?" The Hokage could not believe it. He knew of his student's kekkei genkai, though he never knew he would come in contact with Minato and Kushina. "W-What is it that they are asking for?"

(Location: Uzushiogakure; Outskirts)

"Is this the place?" A man with blue skin, Kisame, says. He looks around. "Very dessert-like," he says. He turns to his partner, Itachi. "Did you not say that this place is surrounded by water and has trees and stuff like that?"

Itachi merely glances at his partner. Though he hates to admit it, Kisame is correct. Uzushiogakure has changed tremendously. "It seems I have been mistaken. It has been a few years since I have been here," he says.

Kisame sighs and scratches his cheek. "I hope this Kailin guy is here. If not, this is a complete waste of time," he says. The two continue to walk.

The Akatsuki is the organization they both work for. Rumors say that they only wish to attain peace, though that is entirely wrong. The real goal for the organization is unknown.

Reaching the village they are taken aback by the way it looks. The outskirts is very different from the way the actual village looks. "Seems Kailin has been busy these past few years," Itachi says.

Kisame grins. "Twelve years," he says with a chuckle. "This is the result of twelve, long, hard years."

(Location: Konohagakure; Hokage's Tower; Hokage's Office)

Kailin is very frustrated with the old man. He flicks his earring irritably. "What is that they want?" Kailin shakes his head. "They want to make sure that their sons are helped. One being mentally abused whilst the other is physically," he says.

Gaara's eyes widen. Is the mysterious man talking about him and Naruto. He red head's eyes darts toward Naruto.

Naruto blinks. What is the man talking about? Physically and mentally. What do those two words even mean? 

Hiruzen shifts his weight in his chair. "I see. They wish for you to take care of them," he says. "The youngest will not argue about the arrangement, but the oldest might. He is a smart boy," he says, glancing at the red head.

Kailin huffs. "Hand 'em over and I'll change their minds," he says. "Also, are Misaki and Izumo anywhere near?"

(Location: Konohagakure; Interrogation Room)

Misaki slams his hands down on the table. "Listen you dang idiot," he says. He flips the table and grabs the man by the collar. "You know where the heck he is. Now speak up. Where is Izumo?"

Ibiki watches the debacle with slightly fearful eyes. Even though the boy is only twenty one, he emits a very dangerous aura.

Misaki punches the man over and over. "I-I don't know where h-he i-is. H-He d-d-disappeared around t-three y-years ago," the man said. Misaki scoffs. "Please! It's a-all I-I know!"

Misaki spits on the man and throws him toward the wall. He huffs and walks out of the room without a word.

(Location: Konohagakure; Hokage's Tower; Hokage's Office)

Naruto clutches Hiruzen tightly. "What's going on, Gramps? What's this man talking about?" Hiruzen stays quiet. The Hokage looks at Kailin intently. Naruto whimpers and looks at Gaara. "Gaara-kun, what's going on?"

Gaara grabs Naruto's hand and pulls him into a protective hug. "Whatever happens, I have you," he whispers. "Trust me on this." Looking up to Kailin, he glares coldly.

Kailin blinks at Gaara's glare. The boy has Kushina's anger.

'That's my boy.'

'They're acting like brothers. This is great!'

'Hush you two.'

Kailin sighs and walks toward the two jinchuuriki. He kneels down in front of them. Gaara hardens his glare. "Hello. My name is Kailin," he says. Gaara loosens his grip to let Naruto see the man. "I take it that you two are Gaara and Naruto?"

Naruto gasps. "How did you know my name, mister?" He narrows his eyes. "He can read minds!"

Kailin blinks. "Uh," he says. "No. I can't read minds," he says, rubbing the back of his head.

Naruto frowns. "Aw, that would'a been awesome if you could," he says sadly. Gaara pats his head.

"What do you want with us, sir?" Gaara asks. "Surely, you would not know the names of to two newly eleven year olds," he says, narrowing his eyes at the mysterious man.

Kailin chuckles. "Well, young one. I know of your parents," he says. "You may not believe me, but I assure you that it is the straight up truth."
*