Getting Ready (10)

I honestly have no idea what is wrong with me. First of all, I would like to apologize for the lack of updates for this book. I've been trying to keep good grades in school and juggle around everything that I have to do that I don't have time to update the stories that have long chapters. Also, if I gave a description of Izumo and/or Misaki's appearance and age, I would really appreciate it if you would let me know. I'm not sure who I have given a description of and not. That's all I have to say.
Enjoy~
///////////////

(Location: Uzushiogakure; Uzumaki Clan House)

"And that concludes the tour. Welcome to the Uzumaki Clan, Inari," Kailin says to his newly adopted son.

Inari looks up at his new father.

Gaara places a hand on the younger boy's head. "You'll fit right in. You haven't met Naruto personally yet, but I know he'll like you," he says with a small smile. Gaara looks over at the clock.

"I'm not sure where Naruto is," Kailin says, answering the younger redhead's question. "But then again, he's probably held up in Konoha," he says thoughtfully.

Gaara rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. "When is he not? Those people will do anything to keep him busy," he says bitterly.

Kailin clears his throat.

'Those good for nothing villagers! They best be glad I'm dead or so help me!'

'Sweetheart, calm down. Just let Kailin handle this.'

'Thank you, Minato. At least one of you can think straight.'

'Are you testing me?'

Kailin is brought back to his senses when his oldest son clears his throat. "You were out of it, Tou-san," Gaara says.

"Ah, yes. What did you say?" Kailin asks, blocking the two voices inside his head.

"I said that I must take my leave. I have to prepare for the Chunin Exams that are happening next week. You are coming, right?" he asks. Gaara looks up at his father with a hopeful look.

Kailin grins and ruffles his son's hair. "Of course, kid," he says. He wraps his arm around Inari's shoulder and pulls him into his side. "Both of us are coming. Hiruzen had invited us to partake in all three exams," he says.

Gaara looks at the older man skeptically. Is he seriously going to see him for every single exam? Don't get him wrong, he loves being around Kailin, but he can get overbearing sometimes. "Okay, Tou-san."

(Location: Unknown)

Misaki twirls his kunai around his finger as he gazes at Menma. Menma glares at the man with hateful eyes. Misaki had attached the black haired boy to a tree with rope. "When I get out of here, you'll be sorry," Menma says with a growl.

Misaki scoffs. "Yeah, right. Like I believe that." He sticks the kunai back in his pouch. He stands up and stretches. "I'm going to go get some food. Do you want anything? I can bring some back. I know you're hungry," he says.

"I'm not hungry at all," Menma says. Despite his sayings, his stomach growls loudly at the mention of food. The pale boy blushes brightly and scowls.

"Looks like your belly says otherwise," Misaki says with a smile. "I'll be back. Don't go anywhere." With that, Misaki walks away from Menma.

Menma rolls his eyes. "Like I can," he mutters. "You can come out now Kabuto," he says. Kabuto jumps out of the tree beside Menma's.

"Looks like you're in a bind," Kabuto says with a smirk.

Menma growls at the boy. "What do you want, Kabuto? Is there a reason you came?" he asks. 'Maybe he's here to finally put me out of my misery.'

"Lord Orochimaru will be invading Konoha next week. He has successfully killed Rasa Sabaku and has been undercover as the said man. I will participate in the Chunin Exams, and you will be in the shadows acting as my guard until the third exam. During that particular exam, the Sound and Sand will infiltrate Konoha and attack. You will need to be out of this man's grasp before the start of next week," Kabuto says.

Menma nods slowly. "Alright. Fine. I'll be out of Misaki's grasp before then," he says. "See you soon."

Kabuto wastes no time before poofing away. Just then, Misaki walks through a bunch of bushes holding plates of dango. "The food has arrived!" Misaki exclaims. "Just so you don't try to escape, I'll eat first and then I'll feed you," he says.

After eating, the two sit in silence. "We'll be going back to my home village, Konohagakure. The Chunin Exams will be hosted there and I know my two friends, Izumo and Kailin, will be there. We have things to discuss, compare, and prepare. I was wondering if you wanted to tag along," Misaki says. He eavesdropped on Menma and Kabuto's conversation. Luckily, he had been planning to return to his village before the Chunin Exams anyway.

Menma nods his head, oblivious to the fact that Misaki knows about the plan. "Alright, then. We'll leave tomorrow."

(Location: Konohagakure; Training Ground Seven)

Team Seven were gathered at their usual training spot. "I'm sure you all have heard about the Chunin Exams next week. We will be participating in them," Kakashi says, looking at each of his students. "Know that you are only fresh genin and that it is okay if you fail. Think of it as a learning experience."

The three young genin nod their heads. Naruto looks up at the sky. 'I wonder if Gaara and Tou-san will be there. That would be awesome.'

Kakashi glances at his student before making another announcement. "I have asked some older nins to train you. I will be training Sasuke, Sakura will be training with a woman named Kata, and Naruto will be trained by a man named Jiraiya and Izumo."

(Location: Konohagakure; Hotel)

"Stay away from me, Jiraiya-san. I don't your hands all over me," Izumo says. "What are we doing here anyway?"

Jiraiya glances at the man. "The Chunin Exams are next week, and I have a godson to train," he says. Izumo looks at him with curious eyes. "Yes, I have a godson."

"If you had a godson, then why haven't you been here with him? And where are his parents? I want to meet them," Izumo says excitedly. He glances at Jiraiya's eyes. He notices the grief and sadness. "Ah, never mind. The time is running thin. Let's meet the little gaki," he says softly, putting a hand on Jiraiya's arm.

(Location: Sunagakure; Kazekage's Tower; Kazekage's Office)

Jun flinches at Rasa's heated glare. "Where is my son, Casa Juninho?" Rasa growls at the woman in front of him, using her full name to get his point through to her.

Jun gulps. "I know not where the young lord is. Last I have seen him was in his room. I left to do some business, came back, and he was gone," she says, telling some of the truth. Rasa stares deeply into the woman's eyes before waving his hand.

Jun bows and leaves quickly. Safely in her home, she falls back on her couch and sighs heavily. "That was close," she mutters to herself.

"Find my son, or so help me I will make sure you will never see your brother again," Rasa says to the boy. He smirks at the boy. "You do want to see your brother Sai again, correct?"

(Location: Konohagakure; Training Field)

"An old man is my sensei?" Naruto asks with a blank expression. "At least one of you are normal," he says, glancing at Izumo.

Izumo smiles softly. "My name is Izumo, and this pervert over here is Jiraiya, a Toad Sage," he says.

Jiraiya huffs. "I'm not a pervert," he says defensively. "I'm a gigantic pervert!" He gets in Izumo's face. "Get it right," he says.

Izumo sweat drops and so does Naruto. "Well, nice to meet you Izumo and Pervy Sage."
*