Chunin Exams (11)

I'm back front the dead! Here's a somewhat long chapter for you guys. I'm so sorry it took so long for me to write this, but I wanted to make sure it was at least a bit worthy of you guys to read. Thank you for being patient.
Enjoy~
///////////////

(Location: Konohagakure; Main Gate)

Misaki looks up at the gate. It's been so long since he'd been here. 'Izumo...Kailin. I'm back.'

Menma looks around. "This place looks so peaceful," he says softly. "It makes me want to puke," he says with disgust. "All sunshine and rainbows here. Bleh, makes me sick."

The brown haired twenty one year old looks down at the boy with a shocked look. "What happened to you kid?" Misaki asks as they walked through the gate.

While looking around, Misaki hums. "Nothing that concerns you." He snorts as he watches a small child fall and scrapes his knee. "Clumsy," he mutters as the crying little boy's mother tries to console him.

Misaki shakes his head in disbelief. There should be absolutely no way a child as young as Menma should be as heartless as he is.

He runs into somebody who is at least a head taller than him. He grunts and staggers back a bit. "Watch it you...Izumo?"

Izumo smiles at his little brother. "Hello, little Saki."

(Location: Uzushiogakure; Main Gate)

"Are you ready, Inari?" Kailin asks. Inari nods up to his father. "Are you sure? I really don't want to turn back once we start going," he says.

Inari scowls. "I said I have everything. Would you stop doubting me?" The small boy's ears tinted pink.

Kailin ruffles the kid's hair. "Alright, kid. Let's get going."

'Inari is such a sweetheart! Oh, Minato. I wish we had triplets.'

'Kushina, dear, even if we did, you do realize our predicament at the moment, right? Another child of ours would only increase our grief.'

'I guess you're right...for once. I'm not sure if I could deal with losing another child of ours. Look at how Naruto and Gaara turned out. They were miserable. I would hate to put another innocent child through that grief.'

'Kushina, Minato. Enough with the self-pity. Your sons are fine, and I will make sure it stays that way.'

(Location: Konohagakure; Training Field)

"About time you got it gaki!" Jiraiya grins at his student. "Now, add a bit more chakra."

Naruto continues to the chakra exercise. He continues along the river. "Wouldn't that make me fall in?" he asks calmly. "I would much rather not catch pneumonia."

Laughter rings throughout the woods. Naruto gasps and struggles to keep his chakra in check. He jumps up and lands back on the ground. He looks up and sees Izumo with another man and a boy around his age.

Izumo smiles at his little brother. "Saki-kun, this is Jiraiya-san and Naruto-kun. I've been traveling with Jiraiya and we're training his godson, Naruto-kun," he says.

Misaki grins. "Yo! The names Misaki, younger brother of Izumo. This kid over here is Menma," he says. Menma glares at Misaki.

"First, you drag me to meet some people I don't want to know, and second, you just throw around my name like it doesn't matter who hears," Menma says with a hiss. "You imbecile."

Naruto looks at Menma. He seems familiar, but he can't put his finger on it. They look alike, but there are big differences between the two. Black hair and blue eyes versus blonde hair and blue eyes.