Getting Things Right (19)

So, I made a mistake in chapter 17. I forgot that those shinobi had already been tested. And so, instead of them, the tests will be for the genin. Also, this will be like painfully short. Sorry!!! I'll make it up to you guys in the next chapter❤️
Enjoy~
///////////////

(Location: Uzushiogakure; Shiokage's Tower)

Naruto sits criss-cross in one of Kailin's chairs. He rocks back and forth as he looks out of the window. "This year's genin haven't been through the new curriculum. What do we do?" the blonde asks his father.

Kailin sighs and leans back in his chair. "We'll still test them, but we'll be a bit more lenient. Next year, hopefully, things will start to get in order. The generation already in the academy will be jounin and ANBU senseis," he says with a hand on his chin. "The reason for this is because the ANBU will be allowed to train the young genin to the best of their abilities in a limited time span. The jounin senseis will be responsible for the missions, teamwork, and the legal sensei of the children. They will also take the ANBU's place should he or she be out on a mission. Even then, they will still keep the same regimen the ANBU prepared for his or her students."

Naruto and Gaara nod their heads. "That makes sense," Gaara says. He pops his back as he stands up. "I'll head down to the academy and talk to the children," he says.

"I would go with you, but I'm heading down to the site for the new hospital," Naruto says. "Speaking of which, Tou-san, we don't have that many medic-nin. Maybe the young children who fail the tests be given an option to learn medical ninjutsu. Also, the nine graduating this year should learn how to become medic-nin rather than go on the field. We have enough chunin and jounin at the moment but not enough medic-nin." he says.

Kailin tugs his earring. "Good idea, my child. Gaara, when you go down to the academy, tell the age 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 teachers to stop whatever they're doing and begin teaching them medical ninjutsu. Tell the villagers to send their five and six-year-olds to the academy. The five-year-olds will begin the curriculum and the six-year-olds will begin learning medical ninjutsu," he says.

Gaara nods his head. "Yes, Tou-san."

(Location: Konohagakure; Uchiha Compound)

Sasuke sighs as he opens his eyes. His eyes roam around the room. "Itachi," he says.

Itachi appears in front of his little brother. "How is your training coming along? I hope my regimen is doing you well," he says with a small smile.

Sasuke nods his head. "I've had to put a genjutsu over myself to hide my true form from those around me, as you can very well see," he says.

His older brother looks over him a bit. "That's good. Let's see how far you've come along."

(Location: Sunagakure)

Sasori watches his little girl. She is fourteen now. Riko laughs joyfully as she blows out her candles on her cake. She smiles up at who she thinks is her parents.

Sasori sighs sadly. He regrets what he did. He should've kept his little girl. He missed her first words, her first steps, her first everything.

A tear slides down his cheek as he turns away from the happy scene.