The Last Exam (21)

Sorry for the late update! School started two months ago and I've been loaded with homework. I have the rest of the book planned out, and the rest of the chapters are drafted. Please be patient with me!
Enjoy~
////////////////

(Location: Uzushiogakure)

Kailin sighs he runs a hand through his hair. The paperwork in front of him was enough to give him gray hairs in his luscious red hair. He glares at the man in front of him. "What do you want, Izumo?" he asks gruffly. "I'm busy, and shouldn't you be busy with the ANBU?"

Izumo chuckles and sits down in one of the plush chairs. "I wanted to check on my big brother. You've been locked up in this office ever since we made it back from Konoha," he says. He leans forward. "Your people should at least see you a bit."

The eldest narrows his eyes. "The villagers are busy with their daily work. Each person here has been given a chore, and I shouldn't be distracting them," Kailin says. He looks back down at the paper in his hand. He quickly signs the paper before laying it to the side.

Izumo groans. "Then help out! I'll do the paperwork," he says. He snatches the pen out of Kailin's hand and pushes him out the door. "I will send one of my men to watch you and make sure you're interacting! Have a nice day, big brother!" The middle child slams the door shut. He sighs in relief. "He's an annoying pain in the-"

(Location: Konohagakure; Hospital)

Sakura talks animatedly with Riko as she helps out in treating her. The two had a lot in common. "You're really funny, Riko-chan," the Haruno says with a giggle. She looks outside the window and blinks in surprise. A male with red hair is looking straight at her with wide eyes.

She bites her lip and looks away. She winces in pain as memories begin to flood her brain. She groans loudly. "Are you alright? Nurse! Nurse!"

Sakura passes out on the floor.

Sasori watches the entire thing fold out in front of him.  He watches as his, no, their daughter cries out to her mother.

The man grits his teeth and scowls deeply. "Do not worry, my loves. We will be together once again."

(Location: Uzushiogakure; Training Field)

Naruto pants heavily as he wipes away the sweat from his brow. He looks up at the sun while squinting his eyes.

He yelps as a bird almost poops on him.

He scowls and glares at the bird. "Now, that was priceless!" Gaara wraps his arms around his abdomen as he laughs at his brother. He wipes away a nonexistent tear. "Uncle Izumo requests our presence in our Tou-san's office," he says with a posh accent.

Naruto giggles. "Thank you, kind sir. We shouldn't keep the poor chap waiting," he says. The twins laugh with each other. "Seriously, now. Let's go before Uncle Izumo makes us run around the village for being late." Naruto rolls his eyes as he thinks of their uncle.

"I think that's best," Gaara says with a smile. He bites his lip as an image of a boy finds its way into his mind. A brown-skinned boy with a lazy smile. He blushes before shaking his head rapidly. He follows slowly behind Naruto. He slaps his cheeks with both hands. "I'm going mad," he mutters to himself.

Naruto glances back at Gaara. His older brother's cheeks were tinged pink. He slows his pace and slips his hand in Gaara's. The redhead looks down at his twin with a small smile. They swing their hands.

Inside of Kailin's office, Izumo successfully finished sorting the paperwork as he hears a knock on the door. "Come in," he says. He looks up and watches as his nephews step in hand in hand. "Good, you're here."