Teams (5)

(Location: Uzushiogakure; Shiokage Tower; Shiokage Office)

Gaara sighs heavily. It's been a few hours since he and Naruto came to Uzu, and it's been somewhat fun. However, Kailin had been called into the office for an emergency.

That's where they were now.

"I have nothing to do with this," Kailin says to the Kumogakure ninja in front of him. "Whatever has happened in your village is none of my concern," he says.

"But, Shiokage-sama, the man has been identified as your accomplice. Misaki," the ninja says.

Naruto crosses his arms. This man has gotten on his last nerve. "Ninja-san, I apologize for my sudden rudeness, but get the heck out of here," he says calmly. "If you refuse and begin to act stupidly, we have ANBU here who will take you down in a matter of seconds."

Gaara smiles at his little brother.

The ninja glares at him and walks out with a huff. Kailin leans back in his chair and sighs. "My children, you have to leave soon," he says. "You have your genin exams tomorrow. I hope you do well on them," he says.

Gaara crosses his arms. "Of course we will," he says cockily.

"Yeah! Yeah! We'll do awesome. I mean, we've been trained by the best," Naruto says. "Even if we're chunin level right now, we'll become the best!"

Gaara smiles and wraps an arm around Naruto's shoulder. He pulls the blonde closer to him.

(Location: Kumogakure)

Menma sighs heavily. Going to Kumo was not on his agenda, but did the snake ever care about him? The answer is no. Orochimaru only cares about himself. Someone needs to knock some sense into him.

His eyes widen a fraction a kunai flies by his cheek. A bit of blood flows out of his cheek. "Misaki, I take it. I've traveled a great distance to find you," Menma says.

Misaki narrows his eyes at the cloaked man. "Who are you?" he asks.

Menma stays silent for a while. "My name is Menma, Misaki-san. I've traveled a great distance to find you," he repeats.

Misaki places a hand on his hip. His brown hair flutters as a breeze passes by. Easily, he could tell that this man will be trouble for him.

(Location: Unknown)

Itachi leans against a tree as he watches Kisame swim around the somewhat deep pond.

Kisame surfaces and looks at the raven-haired man intently. "Ne, Itachi, do you think we should head back the headquarters now?" he asks.

Itachi looks at him stoically. "That is up to you. You are the one who was dehydrated a few minutes ago. Take your time, Kisame." As cold as Itachi may seem to others, he cares for his teammate and the rest of the Akatsuki. They're like his second family since his first one is dead except for his little brother.

Kisame grins and falls backward into the water. He floats on top of the water. Fish jump over him without a care.

A small smile appears on the blue-skinned man. He's content, for the first time in forever.

(Location: Sunagakure; The Academy)

Gaara looks out the window with a bored look. His siblings have been waiting for this moment. Rasa had wanted them to be on the same squad, but they had to wait until Gaara passed the exam.

Gaara could have passed earlier, but he didn't feel like getting even more stares than he gets at the moment.

"Sabaku Gaara, please proceed to the examination room."

Gaara gets up and walks over to the room. He ignores the whispers and stares he gets from the other students. It's all normal for the redhead.

Inside the examination room, Gaara looks at the instructor emotionless. "Ah, Sabaku-sama," he says slowly. "All you have to do is create a single clone."

Gaara raises a nonexistent brow. He sighs. "Shadow clone jutsu," he mumbles to himself. Two clones appear beside him. They henge and take the appearance of Kailin and Naruto.

"Give Gaara the headband, Ninja-san!" the Naruto clone exclaims.

The Kailin clone shakes his head.

The instructor gives Gaara the headband fearfully. Gaara sucks his teeth and grabs the headband. He walks out of the room and out of the building. Rasa, Temari, Kankuro, and a ninja named Baki greets him.

"Well done, Gaara," Rasa says. Gaara looks up at him with empty eyes.

Faker.

(Location: Konohagakure; The Academy)

Naruto scowls as he wipes his lips off with his sleeve. Stupid kid. He glances up and sees a hoard of Sasuke's fangirls surrounding him. "If I were you," he begins, "I would back away slowly," he says with a glare. "I will not hesitate to break one or two of your bones."

The girls' eyes widen and scamper back to their seats. Naruto tsks sits down in his seat. "Ahem." Iruka clears his throat and gains everyone's attention. "I will now begin announcing teams," he says.

Naruto yawns and taps his finger on the desk. His ears twitch when he hears his name. "Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura, and Uchiha Sasuke are assigned to Team Seven under the jounin sensei Hatake Kakashi."

"Inuzuka Kiba, Hyuga Hinata, and Aburame Shino are assigned to Team Eight under the jounin sensei Yuhi Kurenai."

"Team Nine graduated last year, so on to the next. Akimichi Chouji, Yamanaka Ino, and Nara Shikamaru are assigned to Team Ten under the jounin sensei Sarutobi Asuma."

Naruto raises a brow. Why on earth did Hiruzen place him on a team with Sakura and Sasuke. Sighing, he leans back in his seat. Guess it's time to show everyone who he really is.
*