Part 15

(Y/n)'s POV

The next day the school was temporarily closed, but it was understandable considering what just happened. To be honest, I don't think all of us in class 1-A would get over this so easily. I mean we were just starting school, so having that occur in the first week was pretty damn scary.

I spent my entire day at home since my mom wouldn't let me go anywhere. Apparently she was paranoid that something bad will happen while I'm out. So instead I stayed in my room and binge-watched Stranger Things (if you don't like the series, then imagine that you're watching something else).

A few hours later...

*bzzzt*
*bzzzt*

From: Shotoooo
"Hey, (y/n)"
3:45 pm

To: Shotoooo
"Hey? Lol"
Delivered 3:47 ✔️

From: Shotoooo
"I was wondering if you were free today?"
3:48

To: Shotoooo
"I am, but I can't go anywhere today due to a paranoid mother😐. Sorry."
Delivered 3:48✔️

From: Shotoooo
"Oh, that's too bad. But I understand. I hope you have a good day."

With that, the short conversation ended. You didn't know why, but texting him made you feel a sense of joy. A smile was unexpectedly forming on your face, which caught your mother's attention.

"What are you smiling at? Are you texting your boyfriend?" Your mom teased.

"What? No! He's just a friend!" You replied, trying to hide your embarrassed expression.

"Oh, so it is a boy! Can't wait to meet my son in law." She continued.

"Mom!" You shout, hiding your face in a pillow.

It was silent, the only noise that could be heard was a crowd screaming with joy on the Ellen show. The only reason why you weren't in your room and sitting in the living room with your mom, was because you needed some D. Vitamin D (wink wonk). Suddenly, the silence broke when your mom spoke again.

"So... what's his name?" She poked.

"Huh?"

"The boy you're talking to. What's his name?"

"Mommmm..." you groaned.

"I just want to know." She replied, staring in your direction with curiosity.

You took a moment to think about whether you should tell her or not, before sitting up straight on the sofa and looking back at her. But, before you revealed anything, you explained to her that he was just a friend. She nodded her head with agreement before waiting for you to speak.

"Shoto... Shoto Todoroki."

As soon as you said his last name, your mother's eyes widened with the dropping of her jaw.

"Todoroki?! You mean he's related to Endeavor?!!!" She exclaimed.

"Uhh, yeah. That's his dad..." you replied confused at the fact that she didn't know.