Part 17

You had two weeks to train for the upcoming sports festival, and let me tell you, those two weeks flew by like nothing. But before I mention anything that happened after those two weeks were up, I shall tell you what happened during them.

*flashback*

It was the middle of the second week, you were at home and getting ready to go for a jog to a nearby beach in order to train. As you were jogging, you met up with Katsuki who was also jogging, he had his earphones on so he didn't notice you until you ran up to jog beside him. He looked at you from his peripheral view before clicking his tongue and simply saying "what the fuck do you want?" In his usual harsh tone.

"Nothing, just thought I'd jog with you." You said nonchalantly while trying to keep up with his pace.

"Oh, well in that case. Fuck off." He scowled.

"Geez, what crawled up your ass and died?" You retorted.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY? I'LL KICK YOUR ASS, YOU BITCH!" He barked back as he stopped in his tracks.

"Is that a challenge?" You questioned as you gave him a sly grin while putting your hand on your hip.

Katsuki took a moment to think before gladly accepting your offer. You both started to lightly jog to an area where you could fight freely without worrying about being stopped by people who were passing by. You suggested the beach but Katsuki wasn't stupid, he knew the only reason you suggested that is because it would be your advantage.

"Pfft, yeah right. You think I'm that stupid?"

"Was hoping you'd be, but whatever, let's just find somewhere to go and determine who's gotten stronger in the past few weeks!" You said as you hit your fist into your palm.

Once you two found a secluded area after searching for what seemed like forever, you and Katsuki stood a few feet away from one another, and began to warm up.

"Thought I should let you know that I'm not going to go easy on you just because you're a gi-" you interrupted him with a harsh punch to the face.

Katsuki held his stinging face and gave you a deathly glare, although you didn't feel scared like most would've. Instead, you actually felt excited as he came running towards you with small explosions going off in his palm, all while yelling "DIE!!!" (SHINÈÈÈ).

Katsuki did his signature right hook and returned a punch back to your face, but for some odd reason, it didn't hurt as much as you thought it would. Sure your face was stinging and your mouth went numb for a moment but it didn't get you dazed or knock you out cold as you thought it would.

"Wow, is that it? I was expecting to get knocked out right away. Either I have gotten stronger or you just hit like a girl." You boasted.

'Or maybe he slowed down at the last minute to avoid hurting me.. Screw it, just focus!' You quickly shook it off and began to charge towards the ash blonde.

Katsuki was about to send off an explosion from a short distance but you quickly shut that down with the water that came shooting out of your hands.

"WHAT THE FUCK? HOW CAN YOU COLLECT WATER WHEN THERE ISN'T ANY NEARBY?!" He yelled, as was pushed back by force.

"I thought you knew how my quirk worked, Mr. Know-It-All??" You laughed.

You began to explain to him that you don't always need to be near large bodies of water in order for your quirk to work and that you had the ability to gather moisture from the air, the soil in the ground, the dew on grass and pretty much anywhere else where water can be found. While distracting him by educating him on the details of your quirk, you were secretly gathering enough water to perform your next attack.

Katsuki kept his guard up, and tried his best to see through your act. By the time he did, it was too late, the boy was now being swept away by a strong tidal wave.

"Ha! Still gonna go eas...y...." Suddenly your boasting began to fall low. A feeling of dizziness & exhaustion came upon you, leading you to stumble to the ground helplessly.

Unfortunately, this was one of the minor setbacks that you had to deal with after overusing your quirk. Overdoing it usually caused you to get dehydrated, after having too much water cleared from your body.

'Oh shit... why did I have to overdo it to try and show off...'

Everything felt heavy, and began to look blurry. You tried your hardest to fight off the exhaustion, but it only got worse as your vision faded to black. The last thing you remembered seeing was Katsuki getting up and running towards you.

5 minutes later

"(Y/n). (Y/n)! Wake the fuck up!" Katsuki raised his voice before aggressively shaking you.

"H-huh? What happened?" You questioned, slowly opening your eyes. Your mouth felt extremely dry, while a massive headache was filling your mind.

"You fainted after you blasted a shit ton of water at me." He explained, still holding you up with his arm.

"Ahhh... I overdid it... Uhh, I hate to ask, but did you happen to bring any water for your jog?" You asked still leaning on him for support, despite not needing it anymore.

Katsuki carefully got up and walked toward his bag. As your vision started to clear up, you finally noticed that Katsuki was shirtless. Your face immediately heated up as you stared at his well-toned body.

"K-KATSUKI!" You unintentionally shrieked out while covering your face.

"What now??" He groaned with annoyance.

"WHERE'S YOUR SHIRT AND WHY DID YOU TAKE IT OFF!?" You yelled while still hiding your face.

"It's over there drying off. And I had to take it off because your dumbass is the reason I got all soaked in the first place."

(I'm not going to make him say 'wet' because a lot of y'all are little nasties🤭💀)

"WELL CAN YOU COVER UP!"

"WITH WHAT? I ONLY CAME HERE WEARIN' A T-SHIRT, SHORTS AND MY SHOES!" He argued back.

'Dammit, he's right! But maybe... I'm overreacting a bit? After all, it's not that ba-WAIT WHAT! NONONONO!!!'

Katsuki rolled his eyes before tossing you his water bottle and making his way to where his shirt was hanging up. You desperately chugged the water bottle but started to drink more than you needed to, after watching him walk away. (Oou, y/n. Girl you are thirstyyyyy👀)

'Gotta admit, Katsuki's body is actually pretty nice... NO, NOT AGAIN! GO AWAY WEIRD PERVERTED THOUGHTS!'

"T-thanks for the water! I'm gonna go now!" You stuttered before shooting up from the ground and sprinting home, leaving Katsuki in confusion.

His POV

'The fuck was that about? Whatever, it's her fault if I get sick since she's the one who drenched me in water...' He thought to himself.

Despite his aggression, Katsuki didn't feel all that mad. Instead, he was actually kind of happy that he got to spend some time with you, even if you guys did just fight together. Though, Katsuki being Katsuki, he wouldn't admit that.

While he was making his way home, he couldn't help but to stop and laughed at himself for not figuring out right away why your face was so red.

'Guess she's never seen a guy shirtless before... wonder what she thinks?'

"UUUUUGHH!!! Get your shit together Bakugo! You can't afford to go catch feeli-"

Katsuki stopped himself mid-sentence after he realized what he was about to say.

To be continued...

------------------------------------------------

I finished this chapter yesterday but decided to upload it today since it's *drumroll* KATSUKI'S BIRTHDAY!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY REASON FOR LIVING AND THE ACTUAL LOVE OF MY LIFE!! But other than that I hope you all enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it, despite it being kinda short.

- Sierra