Part 54

It's been hours since Izuku had left your place, and you still couldn't help but overthink all of the things you two went over. 'What does any of this mean?' You gazed, relaxing on the couch. Suddenly, the swinging of the front door startles you and pulls you out of your thoughts.

"Why is it so dark in here? (Y/n)? Are you home?" Your mother squinted, struggling to find the light switch while carrying some grocery bags.

"I'm here... Welcome home." You exhaled, relaxing your shoulders with relief & sinking back into the cushions.

"How was your day? Did you do anything productive?" She poked, entering the kitchen to put the groceries away.

"Uhh, no. Not really..." you sighed in defeat.

"Not even tidy up?" She questioned.

You cringed with a regretful expression before silently sitting yourself up. "Sorry, I don't know why-"

"Never mind, it's fine. Just, come and help me put these away." She gestured, cutting you off in the process. "Have the teachers stopped by yet? I lost track of time while running some errands." She added.

"No, not yet." You replied, lifting yourself off the couch and walking to the kitchen. "Hey ma, can I ask-"

"Really? Whew, that's a relief. I almost died in traffic trying to make it home on time." She chuckled, interrupting you once again.
'Aaaaand she's not paying attention..'

"Wow, that's crazy.." you replied, expressing the least amount of interest. The lack of enthusiasm in your voice made her stop dead in her tracks. "Ok. What's wrong?" She confronted, turning around to face you with her hand on her hip.

There, you stood stiff as a board with an uncomfortable expression. 'Crap. What do I even say now?'

She sighs and gestures you to have a seat with her at the table. You don't hesitate to do so and pull out a chair on the opposite side. "What's bothering you?" She plucked out of concern.

'Literally, everything...' You relaxed. 'But, where to start?'

Her gaze was fixed on you, as she waited for an answer. You rehearsed your reply in your head a few times before spitting it out. "I don't know how to say this without sounding strange, but..."

'Are you my real mother?'
'Do I have a brother?'
'Why don't I remember my past?'
'Is there something you're keeping from me?'

She raised her eyebrow in a concerned manner.

"Am I adopted?" You gulped, gripping the bottom of your shirt nervously. 'We'll start off with a question that's not too absurd...'

For a moment, the room fell silent. You averted your gaze downward in an awkward manner before looking back to her and noticing her perplexed expression.

"W-What makes you think-"

Then, just before she could finish her sentence, the doorbell rang and interrupted her. Geez... The world was all about cutting people off today, wasn't it?

'How convenient...' you thought, letting your head drop with disappointment.

"Im sorry, hold that thought..." Promised your mother before excusing herself to answer the door.

"Mr. Aizawa, hello. " She greeted.

"Good evening Ms. (L/n). I apologize for the late arrival. My partner got caught up in some personal business, causing a delay in time." Aizawa introduced.

"Don't worry about it, it's fine. Please, come inside." She gestured with a welcoming grin. Aizawa took one big step forward and kicked off his shoes at the entrance.