chapter eleven

Dedication to nargles because she's really cool and the video she just linked was on point. :)

The Sports Bar was named Finn's and it was packed. Half of our group was sitting at a long table facing a television and the rest were seated at the bar that was only a meter or so away. My eyes scanned the table for a familiar face and when they landed on Harry, they no longer felt drowsy and dull. Although, they probably doubled in size at the busty and beautiful blonde who was sitting extremely close to him chatting away. I watched as she flipped her hair and gazed up at him with big eyes. He was sipping on a beer and she held a glass in her hand as she talked and laughed at whatever he said.

I thought to myself, You knew this would happen, Jenson. Violet warned you and you know this is how he is.

Regardless, it stung to see Harry flirting with another girl. Especially when he seemed to always find a way into my thoughts nowadays.

I did my best to avoid any and all eye contact with Harry and everyone within a meter radius of him as we approached the table, my eyes falling on an empty seat at the bar next to Loren. Niall and Violet sat next to Harry and the blonde, though.

"Ello," I greeted Loren, giving her a grin.

"Jenson!" she beamed, reaching over to give me a one armed hug.

"Finley, get Jenson a pint!" she called to the bartender. The guy in his mid-twenties, Finley, rolled his eyes, filling a glass and sliding it towards me. "She thinks that because she's sleeping with the bar tender that she doesn't have to use her manners."

I laughed, while Loren gave him a playful glare. "Jenson, this is Finn, my boyfriend."

"Lovely to meet ya, Finn. Probably a dumb question, but your name being the same as the name of the bar wouldn't happen be a coincidence, would it?" I asked, meanwhile internally battling over whether or not to drink the beer in front of me.

"It wouldn't, this is my place." he answered.

"Ah, well I quite like it." I said, my eyes drifting from football flags to jerseys to signed equipment hanging from the walls.

"Jenson, you're glowing, have you been out in the sun?" Loren asked.

"I spent the weekend at home and my family lives on the beach." I explained. She nodded. She opened her mouth to speak again, but was cut off by angry boys at our table standing at a call that had been made in the game, cursing and yelling. We both turned to see Louis with his head in his hands groaning while Niall laughed at him.

"Hey, love." a voice from my right said, turning my attention from the group over my shoulder.

"Oh, hi." I said, turning to see a very cute guy standing next to the bar stool next to mine.

"Can I sit here?" he asked, nodding to the seat.

"Sure, I'm afraid it'll cost ya five pounds, though," I answered, giving him a grin. If Harry could flirt with random people at bars, so could I.

"I think I can handle that," he said and began reaching for his wallet.

I laughed, "I'm just messing around. Don't take me too seriously. Sit!"

He smiled back at me, showing off a set of pearly whites. He had dark, brown hair and blue eyes. Finn approached him, and he ordered a beer as he shrugged off his jacket and placed it over the chair.

"So, what's your name?" he asked me.

"It's Jenson."

"I'm Daniel. You a footy fan?" he asked, eyeing the big screen above the liquor cabinet behind the bar.