chapter eighteen

I wanted to dedicate this chapter to user lagooniall because she's gonna be writing a fic based on 500 days of summer and im so excited ajhfekdrjrnd. but enjoy da chaptaaa xoxo

A week went by and I found myself spending a lot of my time either with or texting Harry. He was quite clever and witty when he wanted to be and I really enjoyed being around him. It was a rainy Saturday afternoon and we were sprawled out on his couch watching a horror film that he'd tricked me into watching. His phone rang loudly during a very suspenseful scene, making me screech and jolt at the sudden noise. He laughed, deep and loud from the other end of the couch, sitting up. The sound was like music to my ears. It stopped abruptly as he grunted at whoever was calling. He paused the movie and pressed his phone to his ear, answering with a very agitated, "Hello?"

"Who is it?" I mouthed. Harry ignored my question and sighed deeply.

"Yeah, I know. I got your message." he replied rudely. "I didn't call you back because I didn't want to, obviously."

I frowned at Harry's attitude and crawled over to his side of the couch. I tried to press my ear to the phone to hear, but he swatted me away. I frowned deeper and climbed onto his lap, putting my legs on either side of his thighs while balancing my bum on his knees. I leaned in to listen again, catching a few words before I nearly toppled over ontop of Harry who was swatting me away again, before I sat up straight again and balanced myself. I could only make out the words dinner and girlfriend. I pouted then, wrapping my legs around Harry's calves to keep balance and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Harry." I whined. He gave me a stern look, pressing his pointer finger to my lips to tell me to hush. Apparently, it was too late, though, because whoever he was talking to heard me.

"Yeah, that's her. Alright. Yeah, I'll see you then. Bye." he said, hanging up his phone, then looking up at me. "Well, this is a compromising position."

"I suppose it is." I said, tilting my head to the side. He was avoiding the questions he knew I wanted to ask.

"I'm not complaining." he replied cheekily.

"Who was that on the phone?" I asked.

"You're quite nosy." Harry quipped, avoiding my question again.

"I resent that. Now, who is going to dinner with their girlfriend?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

"I am." he answered.

"Oh, do you have some girlfriend you aren't telling me about?" I smirked. Harry bounced his legs in response and I was almost a heap of limbs on the ground, but he caught me last second and helped me regain my balance. His massive hands sneakily rested on my lower back, almost reaching the middle of my bum.

"I do, and she's currently crushing my legs." he chuckled. "My father will be in town next weekend and I let it slip that I'm seeing someone so he demanded to meet you."

"You want me to meet your father?" I asked giddily, my smile growing.

He nodded. "I think you'd make dinner with him a bit more bearable as well."

"Well, ask me, then." I said, tapping the side of his thighs with my finger tips.

"What is it with you and making me ask you places formally?" he laughed.

"It's gentlemanly." I answered, matter-of-factly. "Now, ask."

Harry rolled his eyes exasperatedly and let his head roll onto the back of the couch. He looked back up and sighed deeply. "Jenson, would you like to accompany me for dinner in the city with my father and step-monster this weekend?"