chapter thirty dirty

Luckily, after three days of complete rest and two more seasons of Gilmore Girls, I was back to normal. My cough was mostly gone and all that was left was the runny nose. Harry somehow magically didn't get sick, either. I went back to classes and work, and everything got back to normal. It was the seventh now, so Harry and I planned to go Christmas shopping that day. Okay, so actually, I planned it and planned to drag Harry along with me against his will.

Since Harry and I had started dating in September, I'd come to realize he was the most indecisive person on the planet. This was probably the reason he loathed shopping. He coudln't make a decision to save his life. I showed up at Romeo's fifteen minutes before Harry got off at noon so that I could look around a bit. I hadn't read anything good in ages. Ages meaning less than a whole month.

I'd made it all the way to the third aisle with my nose in Eleanor and Park when I felt two arms snake around my stomach and pull me into a warm body. I yelped, turning my head to see Harry smirking cheekily down at me. I turned in his grasp to face him.

"Don't," I snapped, pausing to smack his chest, "bloody do that."

He laughed and kissed the tip of my nose. "You're so easy."

"You're so annoying." I grumbled, pushing out of his grasp. He pouted and pulled me back in by the scarf that hung loosely around my neck.

"Now, that's not any way to treat your boyfriend who's in the process of buying you presents." he tutted. I laughed, cocking my head to the side.

I laughed. "Well, in that case, you're not that annoying."

Harry shook his head and dropped my scarf. "So, what's the plan?"

"Well, we have to do a little bit of shopping,-"

Harry groaned.

"-Poppy's Christmas recital for ballet, and then we've got Niall's party at yours a little later on."

"Nooooo." Harry whined. "I hate shopping and I do not want to go to that party."

I noticed he'd left out Poppy's recital, probably because he was terribly excited to see his niece. He goes to see her during the week sometimes and pick her up from day care, but I had still yet to meet the famous Poppy.

"We have to get everyone gifts, Harry and the party is at your own flat. You're going. " I stated turning and putting the book back on the shelf. "Now go tell Barb you're leaving, we've got to get a move on."

Let's just say that shopping with Harry was a perfect mixture of annoying and amusing. He got Niall some expensive liquor that he liked, he got his mum a sweater, his sister some beauty products in a neat basket (that she'd specifically asked for), Poppy a bunch of toys, and we were now both shopping for Violet.

"I'll just get her a gift certificate." Harry said. I frowned at that.

"You get distant relatives gift certificates, not one of your best mates." I scolded.

"I used to always get her shitty gifts and she always got disappointed." Harry shrugged.

"Well, it's a good thing I know exactly what she likes then, huh?" I grinned and led him to a stand of Pandora bracelets. "I happen to know that Ni is getting her the actual bracelet, so pick out a few charms."

Harry nodded and I got the boots she'd been ogling at the last time we were there. I'd ordered most of my family's gifts online and they were to be delivered to Harry's sometime next week. So, after purchasing everything we needed, we stopped at the food court and got some hot chocolate.

///

It was an hour or so before Harry and I were to leave for Poppy's recital. I'd gotten ready at home, then headed over to Harry's hoping to get some studying time in. Unfortunately, that wasn't working for me.