chapter sixteen

dedicated to mashtxn because we looooved Aisle Five :) you guys should all go read it right now!

Jenson's POV:

I awoke to the sound of beeping from somewhere in the distance. I buried my face into my pillow shaking my head softly.

"Turn it off.." I mumbled, trying to lift by head, but my ear was caught on something hard stuck to my pillow. I lifted my head an inch to find out that my pillow was not actually a pillow and my earring was caught on a button. I angled my head to see that Harry laid beneath me, a frown etched into his sleeping features as I stirred in the hold he had around me. His eyes squeezed shut and then blinked open in a dazed manner.

"Oww..." I whined quietly, tugging on my ear. "Harry, help me. My earring's caught on one of your damn buttons."

"I got it, be still." he replied gruffly, his warm arms unwrapping from around me. He swept my hair to the other side of my head grumbling, "So much damn hair.."

"Ow, ow, oww..." I squeaked as he pulled on my ear lobe, trying to get it untangled. Harry's rough fingers stopped being so jerky as I sounded like I was on the verge of tears.

"Stop squirming." he murmured, the second word coming out in a chuckle.  

"It's not funny!" I snapped grumpily.

"It kind of is." he laughed, giving my ear another soft tug and then I was free. I sat up, rubbing my ear lobe. 

"Did we fall asleep watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?" I asked, using my other hand to rub one of my tired eyes.

"I guess we did." Harry answered. A beep rang out through the room again, and Harry reached forward to grab his alit phone off of the coffee table. 

"Shit, shit, shit." Harry cursed, jumping up. "I've got a lecture in fifteen minutes."

He rushed down a hallway and two minutes later he ran back out in a different outfit and his toothbrush in his mouth. He brushed his teeth in the kitchen sink and then grabbed a banana from the kitchen table. Then he looked over to where I was sitting on the couch with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders.

"I've got to go, you can stay if you want. I'll be back in an hour or so." he said as he walked towards me. He squatted down to my eye level and used his free hand to wrap around the back of my neck. Harry pulled me towards him and pressed our lips together. I tried to pull away because his mouth was minty and mine probably tasted like death. He grinned into the kiss when I tried to pull away, and tugged me closer. After a moment he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. "I mean it, you can stay if you'd like. I'll drive you home when I get back."

I kissed him again. "You've really got to go?" I whispered.

"I do." he said a bit breathlessly. I liked the reaction I was getting. I kissed him another time, and this time he tightened his grip on the back of my neck and kissed back.

"Wouldn't want to affect your education."

"No, we don't want that," he said, standing slowly and keeping his eyes on mine. Harry stood there for a few seconds with his hands at his sides. When he realized how pressed for time he was his expression changed and he opened his mouth to speak. "I've gotta go now," he said pointing to the door.

"See you in a bit," I murmured, gesturing for him to get a move on.

Harry nodded as he chewed on the edge of his lip, then he turned and speed-walked out of his apartment door.

I stared at the closed door after him, a small smile still present on my lips. After a moment I fell back into the couch, wrapping the blanket closer around me and deciding to return to my pleasant slumber. I fell asleep easily and pretended Harry's warm body was still beneath me.