chapter twenty

"Collin, you're being over-dramatic." I rolled my eyes and continued to do my research paper on Beethoven. In another tab I was on a Skype call with Collin. "Working on a play's set isn't that hard."

"That's easy for you to say, Miss Full Art Scholarship." he said bitterly.

"Oh, hush."

There was a knock at my door and I scrambled up, already knowing who it was. "Hold on one sec," I said to Collin. Since we'd started spending time together I learned that Harry was liable to show up at any given time, including when I was half naked and startled to death. I opened the door to Harry who held a big, brown paper bag.

"Who is it?" Collin asked.

"Come on in." I said to Harry, who gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

I walked back to my bed and answered Collin's question. "Um, do you remember my mentioning Harry once? I told you he was my friend who worked in the bookstore? The one I'm going to take you to when you visit?" I sat criss cross in front of the laptop and avoided Collin's gaze, just knowing he'd have some comment to make when I told him about Harry and I.

In the kitchen, Harry sat down the bag on the counter and silently started pulling Chinese take-away out of them. I could tell he was listening in on the conversation just by the way he stared over at me without a word.

"Yeah, I remember. Harry, the one you have the massive crush on." Collin said a smirk falling on his lips. Harry straightened up, looking over to me with the same cocky smirk that my brother wore.

"How did you even know that?" I huffed.

"Jenson, I can read you like a book even from over a hundred miles away." Collin cackled, earning a frown from me.

"Well, because you brought it up and I don't want to be a hypocrite by not telling you about my relationship," I said accusingly, referring to how he kept his girlfriend Kate a secret from me. "I have something to tell you, actually," I paused. "Harry and I are dating."

"No way! First she goes to Uni, then she gets a real job, and now she's got a boyfriend. Where in the world did baby Jenson go?" Collin said, making me grin, causing Harry to chuckle from the kitchen.

"She's long gone, bud."

"Do you need to go because he's there? I can --"

"No, that's okay. I haven't talked to you in over a week. He doesn't need my attention." I replied. Harry grunted from the couch he'd settled onto.

"How do you know I'm not I'm the middle of a crisis?" he asked me with wide eyes.

"Cause, you would've broken something by now," I replied, to which he shrugged; he knew I was right. "So, Col, how's Kate?"

We chatted for a while and every so often Harry would make comments that only I could hear. Eventually he asked me if I wanted to go ahead and eat in a hushed voice. When I nodded, he made me a plate of food and brought it to me on my bed. That was about the time that George had decided to sit on Collin's lap and be a part of our conversation.

"Who's that?" George asked, his finger pointing at Collin's lap top screen at Harry's hand. I looked up at Harry with a pleading expression and he seemed to understand because he gestured for me to scoot a bit and I did, giving him room to sit next to me so he was in view of the webcam. I had to adjust my screen since Harry was so damn tall.

"George, this is Harry. He's my... my boyfriend," I said, gaving Harry a questioning look. It still felt a little weird using that label, and I wondered if he approved.

"Hiiii, George," Harry said, then added, "And you too Collin. I've heard loads about you both."

"Can you say hi, George?" Collin encouraged him. The frowning George sat forward, analyzing Harry.