21l Love

Hadassah had only caught small glimpses of Daniel unclad. She would sometimes steal glances when he went about his business of getting dressed but all the time, she knew never to let her eyes linger on him for he might be blind, but he had the ability to sense her and she hated to be caught staring.

Not tonight. Tonight, staring at the man, who had only a while ago, truly become her husband, was inevitable. She couldn't stop staring at him, drinking in the beautiful sight of his bare body as he slept beside her.

It was hard to believe the beauty of what she had experienced as they consummated their marriage. She hadn't thought it possible to experience so much pleasure in the arms of another but she had done just that, she had experienced pleasure in Daniel's arms. He had fallen asleep in less than twenty minutes of the consummation of their marriage but she had been unable to fall asleep since then, reveling it.

Two hours later, she climbed out of bed and took a short bath in a bid to rid her skin of sweat, saliva and the blood that had stained her legs as a result. She vaguely remembered the sting that followed right after he claimed her as his wife. It had stung but had quickly been replaced by an overwhelming rush of pleasure.

She washed her hair and made a simple French braid. Then, she used a towel to wipe the water off her body and rubbed a scented oil on her body. The sweet scent of roses filled the room as she slipped into her nightdress and made to climb back into bed when she noticed one of the covers had a stain on it. Frowning, she dragged the soiled sheet off of the bed and tossed it to the floor, deciding she'd wash it the next morning. She would change all the sheets on the bed the next morning, before Leah comes in to make the bed and find evidence of what had just taken place.

A small wave of heat spread across her cheeks as she turned from the bed and to the armoire. She found clean sheets in it and carried one back to the bed, laying it over Daniel's sleeping form. She would have greatly enjoyed watching him sleep naked, but she hated for him to get a cold as a result of her pleasure.

Finally exhausted, a yawn escaped her lips as she slipped into the bed and snuggled close to him.

•~•~•

Daniel woke up to the scent of roses filling his nostrils. A familiar scent accompanied it, leaving his entire body warm with desire.

Hadassah laid sleeping beside him, her body curved to fit into his, her backside pressed to him. He felt himself react to her closeness and immediately reached out to pull her closer to himself. He noticed as his hand grabbed her hips, that she was clad in her nightdress as opposed to his naked state.

Realizing she had most likely taken a bath and changed into a clean dress, his face crumbled into a frown, disappointment settling in his stomach.

A wicked thought entered his mind in that second, one that made him doubt her feelings for him, one that made him wonder at her rush to take a bath in the middle of the night. Did she feel repulsed after their time together? He knew he had greatly enjoyed it. He knew he had gotten more pleasure from it than could be put into words. For the first time in his life, he didn't think of his inability to see, all he thought about was Hadassah as their bodies became one. It wasn't a question of his pleasure, it was a question of hers. Did she regret it after?

He wanted more of her but he couldn't risk getting her messy again and having her run off to take a bath in the middle of the night.

Sighing in disappointment, he released his hold on her and turned towards the edge of the bed. He would deny himself some more pleasure tonight.

"Daniel?"

Turning to the side, he fought to keep the disappointment off his face. "I thought you were asleep?"

He felt her struggle to cover the small distance he had put between them, before her body made contact with his once more, helping to weaken his resolve not to touch her tonight.

"I was."

"Did I awaken you?" He turned fully to her.

"When you moved away, yes. Do you not want to sleep close to me?" She sounded concerned.

"I do... Um... I feared I would get you... Sweaty. I noticed you took a bath." The last part came out sounding like an accusation in spite of his effort not to make it seem like one.

"There was blood."

Wincing, he pushed himself to a sitting position, terror racing through his veins. "Did I hurt you? I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!" He wanted to slap himself for being so dumb to hurt her to the point of bleeding. If only he had eyes... "I'm so sorry, Dasa." He wished he could pull her against his chest and rock her back and forth but he feared he would stain her nightdress with sweat.

She giggled, her hand settling on his cheek. "I'm not hurt, I was only soiled and so was a sheet. I didn't want you to wake up to that mess, I feared you would be too disgusted to desire me again."

He frowned at the last part. "I have desired you since the day I asked you to marry me. Are you still bleeding?"

"No, I'm fine." She kissed his cheek, her lips lingering.

A soft moan escaped his lips, one he hadn't been expecting as his entire body responded to the kiss.

Slowly, her lips slipped down his cheek. He felt her leg crossing his until she was over him and her lips were capturing his.

He grabbed her thighs, dragging her down until her body was collapsing into his. When she released his lips and slipped down to his neck, he ran his fingers through her damp hair.

"You might be needing yet another bath, Dasa." He murmured.

She tipped to the side then, pulling him along with her.

"No," She whispered, out of breath. "I won't need a bath this time."

"Are you certain?"

"Uh huh. There won't be any blood. Sweat, perhaps..."

He was relieved to hear that, but hesitant. What assurance did she have of this fact? And if there was blood, would she tell him of it? He hadn't known of it until she had spoken and now that she knew of the effect it had on him, would she speak of it again if it reoccurred?

He pulled away, ending their kiss. It was unfortunate he couldn't see to ascertain for himself whether or not she gets hurt.

"I can't risk hurting you any further, I love you too much to do that."

"You love me?"

He nodded. "Very much."

"Only a few hours ago, you didn't seem certain."

"I hate to see you hurt, Dasa. I especially hate being the one hurting you. I realize now that it can only mean I love you."

"Then don't, don't hurt me." She touched his arm and he shivered. "Love me."

He considered her words for a few seconds, letting them sink into his being. He wanted to point out to her that loving wasn't as easy as she was making it seem. But as he opened his mouth to say so, he realized it was. The process of allowing himself fall in love with her wasn't just difficult, it was scary. But when he did give in to love, there was the feeling of relief and joy it brought and he didn't want to deny himself that feeling anymore.

Turning to her, he touched her cheek and pulled his eyelids closed. "I love you." He traced her cheek with his palm, a smile creasing his face as he reveled in the beauty of love. It was more beautiful than being able to see, it was light in his darkness, it was completion and perfection...

"I love you, my angel." He breathed, leaning down. His lips settled on her lips and rather than fight his emotions, he reveled in them. He reveled in the tingling feeling in his palms, he reveled in the pounding of his heart, he reveled in the heat on his skin, in the several beautiful emotions that clouded his mind.

His hands slipped slowly down her cheeks, caressing her face as he did so. He took every emotion one at a time, giving each one his attention. He was careful to acknowledge them, giving each room in his heart as he allowed himself to love her.

Copyright © Lily Orevba All rights reserved.