Closer - Excerpt

So, I messaged this to morningthunderstorms:

The song Closer by the Chainsmokers poses a lot of questions.

Like why are they both in the same hotel bar at the same time?

Why did he drop everything and go to the city without getting his car fixed first?

Why'd they lose contact for four years?

Why does she have a roommate in Boulder?

HOW DO YOU EVEN STEAL A MATTRESS?

What happened to that roommate because he/she sure as heck doesn't have a bed anymore?

Also, if she obviously can't afford the Rover, how'd she get it, and why can't she afford it?

How'd she afford that tattoo on her shoulder?

I feel like there's a lot of character development here and someone needs to write out the whole thing with dialogue and all.

So, today, I'm not writing it, but answering all those questions with as much story as I possibly can.

1) fate because romanticize as much of life as you can

2) He ran to the city in a rash decision to get away from her. She cheated on him in a stupid young adult descion. He felt betrayed and ran as far as possible away from (You guessed it) Boulder, Colorado.

3) they lost contact because they lost trust

4) she has a roommate in Boulder because she still stayed in the apartment she used to live in with him, but now that he's gone, she has enlisted a good friend of her's to be a roommate and help pay the rental.

5) She stole the mattress from a Bed, Bath & Beyond type store that said roommate worked at.

6) she ran after him with the mattress, and the roommate took both of their names off of the lease, the apartment became vacant (and soon bought by a couple who was engaged), and the roommate went and lived on her own as per how she lived prior to being the first girl's roommate.

7) While in the city, in search of the man she left four years ago, her wealthy uncle passes away, and she inherits the Rover from him.

8) the tattoo was another stupid decision and she got a tattoo of the word "babe" in all lowercase letters on her shoulder (near her collarbone) because that's what he called her before she broke his heart and all that jazz.

Done! How'd I do?