Ed's Conviction

Ed's POV

I burst awake panting and sweaty, even though I slept for two hours, it feels more like I haven't slept in two days. I look up to see Al staring at me through his armor, I can't help but remember my dream and feel a pang of guilt.

Clearly concerned, Al grabs his shoulder to look straight at me, "Brother, are you alright?"

I swallow dryly, I put on a fake smile, "Yeah! Why wouldn't I be?" I look out the window quickly to try and change the subject, I see Kanama,

I grin, "Hey Al, looks like we're here, we're going to find out more about the philosopher stone, finally, and I can get you your body back".

Al seems to look convinced, he nods, "Right, we can do this brother".

-TIME SKIP-

Once we get off the train, I look around to gather any clues towards our mission.

Sighing, I speak quietly to Al, that way we aren't heard, "This looks like an old slummish town to me, what made that colonel bastard think there'd be anything on the philosopher stone here?"

Al responds, "We should investigate the town later tonight, let's go find a place to stay for the night".

I nod in agreement, I find myself thinking of mustang again, dammit what is with me today..I can't stop thinking of that colonel bastard..

Al's POV

"Look, brother, here's a hotel we could stay at for the night!" I say while pointing to a semi-decent building to the left that says they have vacancy.

Ed nods, and walks in without saying much, I want to know what's on his mind, I hope Brother is okay.