Trouble Arrives

Roy's POV

I watch Ed leave grinning, I subconsciously put my hand over my lips, "hm"

That's when I hear Hughes clear his throat causing me to look up, "oh yeah sorry about that Maes," I follow him into an empty conference room, "what's up?"

Hughes sighs, "I'm worried about the Fullmetal kid, he's, he's not in his right mind."

Sighing, I frown, "I know..this isn't the first time he's brought up dying.."

Hughes looks up, "wait, really?"

I nod, a sweat forms on the side of my forehead, "on our way back, Alphonse told me that Ed has actually tried to take his own life. And he's having these nightmares and I'm worried he might try something."

"Maybe Ed should stay with me for a while? That way my love," he then proceeds to show me a picture of his wife and daughter, "who I love love love so much, can keep an eye on him?" He goes serious, "you won't be able to watch him 24/7 Roy. And also.."

"No. I don't want him being babysat, and I guarantee you, he won't go for that..also, he's got Alphonse, he doesn't need sleep so he'll be able to watch over him as well."

Hughes is thinking now, "I suppose you're right, but there's something else."

"What is it?"

"Kimbly has teamed up with Scar and they're both in Central."

My eyes widen, "what?! Ed's out there alone!"

Hughes eyes also widen, "I thought Alphonse was waiting for him outside??"

"Hughes, we need to find Ed. Now."

And with that we both ran out side, I slipped on my ignition gloves. I will protect my love.