Homunculus.

Roy's POV

We make it back to base and I carry Ed into my office while he sleeps, I look at all my subordinates, "get any work done while I was gone?"

Havoc nods not looking up at first, "yeah yeah, working hard" he glances up and his eyes widen, "it's the Fullmetal kid, is he okay? Did he finally wake up?"

I nod and lay Ed gently on the couch and cover him up with my coat, "he did, he was up for about an hour and passed out again," I sigh softly, "he's going to be staying with me for the time being and at the office while I'm here as well."

Fury jumps into the conversation, "why cant he just stay back at his hotel with his brother?"

Al looks at me, I bite my lip, I haven't spoken with Al really about Ed's mental state, "Ed isn't well enough to be on his own, and I want to be there in case anything happens to him. Also if he gets attacked again, I will burn those bastards to ashes."

Riza stands by mustangs desk holding a stack of papers that need to be done, she just nods, silently agreeing.

Al speaks up, "I could protect him!"

I don't mean to sound harsh, "you couldn't when he was stabbed and nearly killed," I sigh, "I know kimbly personally, I know what it takes to take him out. I don't think you could bring yourself to kill Alphonse."

Everyone in the room is silent for a moment, Havoc speaks up, "wait kimbly? Wasn't he in prison??"

I nod, "he got out with a group of unknown enemies, and he seems to be working for them."

I see fury was going to ask me another question when the doors burst open and I see Hughes, I smile slightly, "What is it Hughes?"

"Aw, can't I just check up on my good pal and see what's going on with Edward?"

I nod, "you're right sorry about that."

Hughes just laughs, "it's okay! Here! Look at my Gracia," he giggles as he brings out a picture of his daughter and shows it to me.

I sigh, "yes, she's very cute"

High grins and puts it away, "anyways, I have some important news, that I need to talk to you about privately."

"Okay?" I step to the side and talk with Hughes.

He's quiet, careful, "What is it Hughes?"

"I know the group Kimbly is working for. It's bad. I don't know exactly what they're after, but they will stop at nothing until they get Fullmetal. I'm not sure as to why just yet, but I'm still investigating, it's important that you keep a close eye on him, don't let Ed out of your sight okay?"

A sweat drips down my forehead I nod, "who are they exactly?"

Hughes gets serious, "they're called Homunculus, from what I gathered there's seven of them and they refer to themselves with the names of the seven sins."

My eyes widen, "homunculus? Are you sure about this?"

Hughes nods, "that's all I know for now," he pauses and grins, he goes back to his normal voice, "anyways! Today is my precious gracias birthday! I gotta go! See ya!" And with that he was gone.

I look at Ed, he looks so peaceful, he breathing through his mouth softly, he's too innocent to be mixed up in all of this..

I go over to my desk and start working quietly, I'm silent while in thought of how I can truly protect Ed.