Equivilant Exchange

Ed's POV

I wake up slowly, I notice it's dark out, I blink a few times and see I'm in the colonels office. I yawn and stretch, After a moment I sit up and see no one is around, I bite my lip gently and stand up. I make my way over to Roy's desk.

I grin, And sit in his chair and snicker, "I'm Colonel Mustang and I'm going to procrastinate on all paper work, haha" I start laughing, I'm actually entertaining myself by impersonating Roy, I look down at his papers being my snoopy self.

I read a headline

State Alchemist killed today at noon.

My eyes widen, I quickly scan the article

There was a long fought battle. A fire at the scene broke out but unfortunately the skilled Alchemist lost his life to scar.

I heart shatters, Roy.."no no no no" I start crying, I'm convinced scar killed him, I stand up and hold my head, I start breathing fast and sit down and bring my knees to my chest, I'm starting to hyperventilate.

"T-this can't be happening"

Someone comes in and runs over to me, I'm too distraught to see who it is, I cant breathe from crying so hard, "no no no no Roy I should've..I should've been there"

Someone suddenly wraps there arms around me tightly, "it's okay, just take a deep breath Fullmetal, I'm right here,"

I cry harder, "he's dead..hes dead, I couldn't save him..I.."

I feel this person hand touch my chin forcing me to look up, it's Roy, I sniffle, he smiles softly, "I'm right here Fullmetal"

Tears are still falling, I pull him close and kiss him showing my love for him, I never want to let him go, after a moment I break the kiss to catch my breath, "d-don't ever die.."

Roy is blushing lightly, surprised by my actions, this causes me to blush and look down.

Roy smiles assuringly, "it's okay Ed, I'm not going to die. I promise, I'm here for you okay?" He hugs me close and strokes my hair gently.

I start to calm down, Roy calmed me down faster than Winry and pinako ever could..

"Thank you.."

Roy replies softly, "I love you."

I blush and snuggle against him, "I love you too.."

-later that night-

Ed's POV
I'm walking along the street with Roy, "hey..could I go back to my hotel..? I need to talk to Al and I haven't really got to be around him lately,"

Roy nods, "I'll walk you there if that's alright?"

I nod, I grab his hand hesitantly, "thank you.."

About 20 minutes later, I arrive at my hotel, I say my goodbyes to Roy and head into the hotel.

I walk into the hotel room and see it's dark, "Alphonse..?"

Al rushes over making me jump, "Brother! How are you feeling? I was wondering if you were coming home tonight"

I smile softly, "can't leave my little brother alone can I?"

Al nods.

I go over and sit on the bed, "hey Alphonse.."

"What is it Brother?"

"I saw the gate.."

Al leans in interested and sits on the ground by the bed, "what did you see?"

I bite my lip, "well..it started out at first with Me talking to the one who claims to be God..or me..it's complicated, but..I was thrown into the portal of truth..I saw what I have to do to get your body bad Alphonse"

Al makes a sound of excitement, "really?? Brother that's great!"

I nod and smile a little, "but there's still equivalent exchange.."

"Brother..what do you have to give up?"

"I'm not sure yet..but whatever it is I don't care. You're going to get your body back."

"Brother, no. I can't see you suffer anymore. I don't care if I'm in this armor for the rest of my life, as long as you're alive that's all that matters."

I'm quiet and nod, "I'm going to bed.." I lay and stare at the ceiling, what would I be losing..?