Discovery

3rd POV

Ed was dangling with old and freshly cut wounds, he has finally lost consciousness. The alchemist was just about to go grab his weapon to end it and start chopping when he heard a loud explosion down the hall. Clearly frustrated, the alchemist stops what he is doing and runs to go investigate.

Roy's POV

I can hear tools clinking down the hall towards a cell, I take an educated guess and assume that's where Ed is being held. I snap my fingers and cause a huge explosion, "fall back, I'm taking him out all on my own." I'm dead serious about this, I'm beyond infuriated.

3rd POV

The alchemist caught a glimpse of who cause the explosion and immediately started to make a run for it, he fought along side him in the Ishbal war, he knows Roy Mustang will incinerate him at first glimpse. Once realizing the alchemist was gone, Roy ran towards the cell.

Roy's POV

I run up to the cell with everyone behind me and my heart sinks, I see Ed, beaten and bloodied with one arm.

Al rushes over, "BROTHER!!"

I quickly run to Ed's aide, "help me get him down! be very careful!"

Ross runs into the scene and sees the condition Ed is in, she covers her mouth and her eyes go wide, "Is he even alive?!"

I grow pale, Al and I gently lay him on the ground, I check for a pulse on the side of his neck,"Come on Fullmetal don't you die on me." Luckily I feel one, "He's alive but barely! we need to get him out of here now! that's an order!" by saying that, everyone went into action of making sure the path was either clear, or helping pick up Ed's broken auto mail.

I glance down at Ed's abdomen and see a huge stab would that was closed my a rusty stable gun, I grit my teeth, "Dammit" I pick him up bridal style and start running towards and exit.

Al's POV

I have never seen brother so hurt before, I can't help but feel guilty, if I was just a little faster I would have been able to save him from all of this torture..

-Time Skip-

Since Kanama wasn't that far away from Central, they stabilized him at their local hospital and boarded the first train to get him to the bigger hospital that can handle these injuries.

Roy's POV

I look down at Ed's unconscious body, my heart is breaking in two seeing him like this. I have Ed laying in my lap, I've been overly protective of him, but at this point, I can't care if anyone thinks I have feelings for him, because I am going to make sure Ed stays alive.

I look up at Al who hasn't said a word, he just keeps staring at his brother, I frown, "Alphonse, I need you to keep pressure on Fullmetal's stomach to make sure he doesn't bleed out, can you do that for me?"

Al just nods and does as he is told, I know he is just a suit of armor but you can tell, if he could, Al would have thrown up by now.