Travels

Ed's POV
I can't help but cry, it's been so long since I've felt this motherly attention, I'm shaking and bite my lip and look at roy, I don't want him to leave my side damn why can't I be strong enough to be on my own..but I'm relieved Roy gets to come with me

I'm still leaning against Izumi, "when d-do we leave..?" I sniffle.

Teacher looks down at me and smiles softly, "we can leave right now if you'd like, do you feel you can walk Edward?"

Her husband looks right at me, "don't worry boy I'll carry you," and with that my eyes grew wide, since when did care about me??

Roy jumped into the conversation, "sir don't worry yourself with that, I'll aid Fullmetal in any way he needs, even if it be walking."

I can't help but feel useless, I scoot back from teacher and everyone, I'm going to stand. I'm going to walk. I have to move forward.

Al's POV
I see brother calming down, I'm so happy I called teacher, "brother looks like we get to go back to teachers home, how's that sound?" I see him moving towards the edge of the bed, "brother?"

Ed looks up at me and puts on a fake smile, I know he's just trying to be strong, "it's okay Al, I'm okay, I'm just going to use my own two feet to get to dublith, I'm still me Alphonse don't worry"

I sigh at this, Brother is always putting on the tough big brother act, he does look a little sweaty, but I brush it off, "alright brother I believe you, I'll grab your stuff."

And with that colonel mustang stayed close to Ed's side and they started walking towards the train station.

-time skip-
They're all on the train now heading back to the Curtis' home.

Roy's POV
I'm sitting across from Ed, who has fallen asleep against the window, I have my arms crossed and go into a Day dream while watching Ed. I look at his teacher, "how much longer until we arrive ma'am?"

She replies, "not too much longer, before we can start training Ed to be strong again, we're going to have to heal his physical damage first, but also," she looks at me straight in the eyes, "tell me everything you know about his attacker, I'm going to find him."

My eyes widen a little, I'm surprised to hear that, "ma'am with all do respect, I have the military working on this case, this alchemist attacked and tortured one of our own, he's on the most wanted list. We'll find him," I glance back at Ed, his cheeks are rosey, I sigh, the last thing he needs is to be sick, but with those injuries it wouldn't be surprising considering how vulnerable he is.

Izumi clears her throat, "we're close to the station, wake him up."