3. Barry Allen, struck by lightning?

--

--

There's a fire in the city, Barry is running towards it. I decided to sit this one out, I don't like fires. I'm sitting on a looking at the screen. "Barry." Cisco says in the inter com. "What? Did I miss it?" Barry stops running.

"You overshot by about six blocks." Cisco says walking towards me with a tablet in his hand and a lollipop in his other hand. "My bad." Barry says and starts running again. "You there yet?" I ask Barry.

"What are you doing?" Caitlin says which scared Cisco. He clicks in a button and all the screens turn black. "Nothing." He says. "Who were you talking to?" "Each other." "Were you talking to Barry?" "Who?" I ask and wince, that was stupid.

"Barry Allen? Struck by lightning, in a coma for nine months, woke up being able to run faster than the speed of sound? Ring a bell?" Caitlin says walking closer to us. "Nope. Haven't talked to him." Cisco says. I want to say something but get cut off by Barry. "Cisco, Kat, there's fire everywhere. Cisco, Kat. Are you still there?!" Caitlin looks at us.

"Everybody's out. What else you got for me, Cisco?" Barry asks. "Barry, it's Caitlin." It's silent for a few seconds. "hey Caitlin... How's your day?" "Get back to S.T.A.R Labs. Now." She says. She looks at us. Cisco smiles at her and I try not to laugh. "On my way." Barry says to us.

"Have you all lost your minds? Who do you think you are?" Caitlin says. "Foxy, also known as a vigilante. Catching bad guys is kinda an important task." I say spinning around in a chair. "Yeah, but you weren't out there." Barry says. I roll my eyes. "I hate fire. Bad memories."

"I'm the eyes and the ears, and they are the feet." Cisco tells Caitlin walking behind her. "This isn't funny. you could have gotten yourself killed." She says to them. "You can't be running around the city like some supersonic fireman." She says and turns around. "Why not? This is what we talked about. Me using my speed to do good." Barry says to her.

"We talked about you helping contain people who might have been affected by the Particle Accelerator explosion. Meta-humans. And aside from Clyde Martin, we haven't found any." Caitlin says annoyed. "People in the city still need help. And I can help them." Barry says. "He did save a lot of people a few seconds ago." I tell her and Cisco nods.

"We can help them." Cisco says to Caitlin. "Will you please say something." She says looking over Barry's shoulder. Dr. Wells wheels in the room. "I think what Caitlin is trying to say in her own spectacularly angry way ... is we're just beginning to understand what your body us capable of. Not to sound a broken record, Mr. Allen. I do caution restraint." Wells tells him. Barry sights "Dr. Wells, I doubt restraint is how you got able to be the man you are today." Barry says to him.

"In a wheelchair and a pariah. Lack of restraint is what made me these things. Know your limits." Dr. Wells says and wheels away. Caitlin stands in front of Barry. "Don't expect me to patch you up every time you break something." She says and walks away. "Don't worry, I'm not a doctor but I know a thing or two about medical stuff." I tell him.