22. Cold is back... again

--

"Has anyone seen Cisco? I can't find him and he's not answering his phone." I walk into S.T.A.R. Labs. They look up and shake their heads. "He hasn't answered us either." Caitlin tells me. "I'm worried about him, he had a rough night." I tell them. "Trust me. It got better." Barry tells us. His phone buzzes and he picks up. "Wait, Cold is back?" Barry says loudly which makes up look up. He stays silent for a few seconds before he looks at us. "Well, this day just keeps getting better, doesn't it?" Dr. Wells tells him.

A few hours I'm in the Cortex again. I give Barry an ice pack and sit next to him. "So, there's Cisco getting into a car with Snart's sister." Dr Wells says looking at the picture on the screen. I can't look, I should've told him that I wanted to try again, that I was sorry. Now it's too late. "The license plate is iced over." I flinch when Barry slams his fist on a table. "All right, Dr. Wells, you were right. I screwed with time, now tie is screwing with me. Cold is back, he kidnapped Cisco, and Iris--" "Stop right there before you cause another disruption to the timeline." Dr. Wells tells him. "Please, Dr. Wells." Barry sights. "Please, I have to talk to someone." Barry says to him. "Well, I should go." I say awkwardly, not understanding what they're talking about.

--

I'm staring at the wall, Caitlin, Barry and Dr. Wells are looking at the computers, but I can't focus, or hear what they're saying.

"I'm back." I hear and turn around so fast I fall off my chair on the ground. "Cisco!" I run towards him and hug him. "Are you okay, we were so worried." I ask him and pull back. "What happened?" "How did you escape?" Barry and Dr. Wells ask him. "I didn't." He tells them with tears in his eyes.

"Snart just let you go, why?" Barry asks him. Cisco stays silent for a while, looking at the ground. "He tortured my brother. And he said he was gonna kill him if I didn't ... If I didn't tell him..." "Tell him what?" Caitlin asks him. "Who the Flash and Foxy really are." Cisco says to us. "I-- honestly, man, they could've killed me, but they were gonna kill my brother." He starts crying. "I couldn't let him do that." Barry walks towards him. "Hey." "I'm sorry, Barry, I'm so sorry."

"No. I put you in that position." Barry pulls him in a hug. I wipe away a tear, I swear I always get emotional. Cisco hugs him back before walking away. "Where are you going?" Barry asks him. "I don't deserve to be here. I won't be the one to put you in jeopardy, not again." Cisco says to us. "Never again." He walks away. I sight and feel an arm around me, Barry. He pulls me in a hug, seeing that I got emotional seeing Cisco cry. "I'm going home." I tell him, and he nods.

--

I look outside the window. It's raining loudly. I jump at the sound of the door bell, who stops by at this time? It's almost midnight. I open the door and see Cisco. I let him and close the door. "What are you doing here? It's freezing out there." I tell him and help him with his jacket.

"We need to talk." He tells me. "Okay, let me get some fresh clothes for you, I think there are some old clothes from Oliver somewhere. I forgot to bring spare clothes every time to a mission, so I had to wear his old clothes when we were done." I tell him, and he follows me to my bedroom. I open one of the drawers and find the clothes. I give them to him and leave the room to make hot chocolate.

When the hot chocolate is finished, Cisco walks into the living room. "Thanks." He says when I give him a mug and we sit next to each other on the couch.

"I... The past few days were confusing. You've been giving me mixed signals. One time you act really awkward, then you go to my brother's birthday party with me." He says looking in my eyes. "I'm sorry." I tell him. "For everything, for saying that 'the universe gave us a sign' and breaking up with you." I grab his hand. "I... I really like you, and like I said a while ago, I'm afraid of it. You're not my first boyfriend, but my ex-boyfriends were assholes and I have some bad memories." I tell him, and he nods.

"Do you... want to..." He puts his mug down and turns his body, so he can look at me better. There's a soft rumble of thunder and the room lights up from the lightning. "Kat, do you want to try us again?" He asks me, and I smile at him. "Yes." I answer, and he grins at me. I lean towards him and kiss him. His soft lips move slowly against mine.

I feel his hands cupping my face and I try to move closer to him. His hand moves to my waist and I climb on his lap. "Hmm, are you sure about this?" He asks me when I tug on his, well, Oliver's, shirt and I nod. "It's not my first time, Cisco." I tell him, and he swallows. "It's mine." He confesses, and I stop.

"Do you want to wait for a better and special moment?" I ask him, but he shakes his head. "I don't need special. I need you." He mumbles and kisses my lips, then my cheek, moving to my neck and collarbone. I let out a soft moan ad move my hand to his hair. "Bedroom." I moan, and he stand up, he picks me up and we, well, he walks to my bedroom, shutting the door with a loud clap.