14. Trust issues

--

"Why do I feel like we just got called into the principal's office? Believe me, that happened a lot." I say when I follow Barry into the room to see Joe and Dr. Wells looking at us.

"Starling City Vigilante." Joe says. "He calls himself the Arrow." I correct him and cross my arms. "Wait, what's the problem?" Barry asks him. "We don't trust him." Wells says. "You guys don't even know him. Why do you trust me and not him?" I say getting mad.

"I know he was wanted for murder in at least 12 different cases dating back three years ago." Joe says. "Well, so was I! I didn't kill them." I tell them. "I know there's been two major terrorist attacks in Starling since he became active." Wells says.

"The cops are cool with him now. He doesn't kill people anymore." Barry says. "What about the criminals that he put arrows through? Those, what, don't count?" Joe asks. "He's a hero." Barry says. "You two are heroes, Barry." Wells says. "No." I tell them.

"I'm not. Ol- The Arrow isn't the only one who killed people. I killed one, too. You should treat me the same as him. I'm not working with people who don't trust me or my friend." I shake my head and walk away. I ignore Felicity and Cisco staring at me and walk out of S.T.A.R Labs.

--

"There you are, I've been waiting for a few hours!" Stephan says. "We have to stop." I tell him with my vigilante voice. "What? Why?" "This is dangerous." I tell him.

"I don't care."

"But I do." I walk away from him. "So that's it? You're just gonna walk away?" He asks me. "I wear a mask for a reason, Stephan. It's to protect myself and others around me. You got to close to me, and that can't happen." I tell him.

"Close to you? I don't even know who you are." "Yes. That's right. And I heard you've got feelings for me and it has to stop!" I turn around to look at him. "Who told you? My sister? It was Kat, wasn't it. You're friends with her. I can't believe she would do that." I don't think and rip my mask off, showing him my face. "This is over, Stephan." I say with my real voice. He looks shocked and I walk away.

I shouldn't have done that.

I really shouldn't have done that.

--

The doorbell rings. "It's open!" I yell and place my bag on the table. "Why are you packing?" Oliver asks me when he walks in. "

My neighbour's brother found out about my secret identity, my boss... Well, I don't know if Dr. Wells is really my boss, 'Because he doesn't pay me, anyway, he doesn't trust you and said some things about the Arrow, that I am, too." I say and sight.

"You're not a killer, Kat." Oliver says and grabs my arm. "We talked about this, it was an accident." He says. "That doesn't make it any less wrong..." He pulls me in a hug. "Do you remember what I told you?" He asks me but doesn't wait for an answer.

"Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone does something they regret, and accidents happen. But you learn from that and have to move on." He says, and I rest my head on his chest. "We finished the case. Felicity, Diggle and I are going back to Starling City. Your team knows my identity after I helped them. I don't think they'll love me, but they hate me less than before." He says. "And they miss you, that Cisco guy? He was really quiet, Felicity told me he normally talks a lot."

"Hmm, he's ignoring me." I tell him and sit down in the couch. "Why?" "Ask him. "He kissed me and then left." Oliver sits next to me. "Maybe he was scared that you would reject him. Felicity said he looked at you with heart eyes." He says laughing softly.

"You should talk to him, Kat." I nod and sight. "I should unpack again." I say laughing. I missed talking to Oliver. He's like a big brother to me. "I have to go, I'm gonna miss you, Kat." Oliver kisses my forehead. "I'm going to miss you, too." I watch him leave and sight. I grab my phone. Just before I want to text Cisco, he sends me a text.

Cisco: What about that movie night?

I smile softly at my phone.

Kat: my place?

Cisco: on my way!

After a few minutes there's knock on the door. I open it and let Cisco in. "Before we watch the movies, we should talk." I tell him, and he nods.

"I, uh, I'm sorry that I walked away." He starts. "I... I like you, Kat. And I'm afraid that it was too soon." "It wasn't. And, I like you, too, Cisco." He steps closer to me. I use my powers to know what he's thinking. But before I know it I'm pushed against the door and Cisco's lips are chasing mine. It's soft and passionate until I bite his underlip softly. He moans and pulls away.

"I... We should take it slow." he says. "I... I don't want to ruin this, you know." I nod at his comment. "Yeah, let's watch that movie, huh." He smiles and nods. "Yeah."

--

A/N: I'm sorry if this is way too fast (I'm saying that in a The Flash book, wow). I'm not really good at writing slow built, sorry.