11. Mama Smoak

--

--

"Honey! Open the door!" I hear. I open it to find my mother. "Mom?" "Hi sweetie!" She pulls me in a hug. "How are you?" She asks me. "Oh, uh, I'm good. What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"I have read your new published book! It's really good written!" She says and walks in. "And I just wanted to visit my daughter." She says smiling. I grab my phone and sent Cisco a text that I can't come to S.T.A.R Labs today.

"Why didn't you just call?" I ask her and her smile fades. "Oh, did I come at a wrong time?" She asks me. "No mom. I could've cleaned my house before you came." I tell her, trying not to make her upset.

"Oh, I'm used to it. Your room was always a mess." She says smiling and looks around. "You have a beautiful place, darling." She says and smiles when she sees the pictures on my wall. There is one of me with Felicity and our mother. Besides that, one is a picture Felicity took of Oliver, Thea, Diggle, Roy and me smiling at the camera eating Big Belly Burger.

She looks at the new picture. It's a picture of Barry, Cisco, Caitlin and me. "Are this your friends?" She asks me. "Yeah, I met them because of Felicity. I hang out with them a lot." I tell her, and she smiles. "I can't wait to meet them." She tells me, and I nod.

--

"And this is Jitters, I spend here most of my time reading or writing when I feel like leaving my house." I tell my mom when we walk in. She looks around. "Why don't you grab two coffees and I'll grab a table?" She asks me and walks to an empty table. I sight and walk towards Iris.

"Hey, Iris." I smile at her and order two coffees. "So, who's that?" She asks and points at my mom, who of course is flirting with a man at the table next to hers. "That is my mom." I sight again. "She surprised me this morning. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but sometimes she's a bit... over dramatic? I don't know how to explain." I say to her and she gives me the two coffees.

"Good luck." She says smiling. "Oh, have you read my blog yet?" She asks me before I walk away. "You have a blog?" She laughs and nods. "It's about the streak. You should check it out. I just wrote a new article about Foxy's new suit." She grins at me. "I uh, I'll read it later." I tell her and walk back to my mother.

"So How is your life? You haven't called me in a while." My mom says to me. "Oh, I, uh. It's good. I like living in Central City." I tell her. She looks at me for a few seconds. "Is there a boy?" She asks me. Why does everyone keep asking that.

"No, mom." I tell her and take a sip from my coffee. "I know that look in your eyes. You had the same look in your eyes when you had your first crush." She says and smirks. "You like someone." I shake my head.

"I don't know. I guess? I'm not sure. We're just friends and I think I want to keep it that way." I say to her and finish my coffee. "Let's go." I stand up.

We walk to the door when Cisco walks in. "Oh, hey, Kat." He smiles at me before noticing my mother. "Hello, I'm Cisco Ramon." He introduces himself. "Donna Smoak, Katherine's mother." She says to him and shakes his hand.

"Mother? Nice to meet you, Mrs. Smoak." He says grinning at her. "I didn't know your mother was in Central City, Kat." I sight. "We were just leaving. How is ... work?" I ask him.

"It's alright. Barry is being stubborn, like always." He tells me. "Where do you work, Cisco?" Mom asks him. "I work at S.T.A.R Labs as a Mechanical engineer." He grins at her and she nods. "Well, I have to go. I promised Caitlin to buy her a coffee, too, and you know how she gets without caffeine." He waves at us and walks towards Iris.

"Caitlin, is that his girlfriend?" She asks me, and I shake my head. "No, she's one of our friends, she works at S.T.A.R Labs, too." I tell her and close the door behind me. "Is that the guy you like? I can see the way he looked at you, he clearly likes you, too." She says smirking at me. I sight.

"Can we stop talking about that?" I ask her, and she nods. "Of course, Honey."