37. It's time

It's time. We're all standing in front of the particle accelerator.

Caitlin pulls Barry in a hug. Cisco let's go of my hand and walks towards Barry. "Okay, there are gonna be three yous back there. You from the future, who saved younger you from the Reverse-Flash and now 'you' you. Remember, wait until future you gets younger you out of there and then you can go and save your mom." Cisco explains. "Piece of cake." Barry says to him. Cisco smiles. "May the speed force be with you." Cisco says to him. Damn, I wanted to say that.

Barry walks towards me and I pull him in a hug. "I'm going to miss you." I whisper in his ear and tighten my grip around me. He's like a big brother. "I'm going to miss you too. I'm going to make sure we'll be friends in the new timeline. I promise." He says and kisses my forehead. I nod and walk back towards Cisco. He wraps his arm around my waist and I la my head against his shoulder.

Barry walks towards Joe. "Goodbye, Dad." He says to him. Joe pulls Barry in a hug too, with tears in his eyes. "Goodbye, son." Barry turns to Iris and Eddie. "Iris-" "You don't have to say anything." Iris walks towards him. "I already know." She kisses his forehead and looks at him. "I hope whatever life you get, it's enough for you that it makes you happy." She tells him. "You too." Barry and Eddie nod at each other and Barry turns towards the now opening door to the accelerator.

He walks forwards, and the door closes behind him.

We walk back towards the cortex. "Remember, Mr. Allen, assuming you achieve the proper velocity and open the wormhole you will have only have one minute and 52 seconds to save your mother and return. Or else..." Stein says in the microphone. "I know." Barry answers.

Barry starts running. "The accelerator's structural integrity is holding." Ronnie tells us. Suddenly the whole building shakes. "What's that?" I ask them. "Is Barry okay?" Yeah. He just passes Mach 2." Cisco answers.

The coffee in Stein's mug is suddenly in the air. "Inject the hydrogen particle now." He says to Cisco. Cisco does as he's told, and we see a new blue thing on the screen. It collides with Barry's red sign. "What's that? What happened?" Iris asks us. "Barry, he's gone." Caitlin answers.

"Look." I say, and they look back at the screen. "The wormhole." Stein answers. "And it's stable, start the clock." I click on the button and the timer starts counting. One minute and 52 seconds.

--

58 seconds.

"I believe it's time to say goodbye to Harrison Wells." Stein says to us. Cisco stands up, but I stop him. "Be careful." I tell him. He presses a long kiss on my forehead. "I love you." He says to me and walks away with Joe. I bite my lip and feel a hand on my shoulder. Iris gives me a soft smile.

We watch Wells sit down in the machine. The machine starts flying, but just when he's about to leave, Barry runs back out of the wormhole, and punches the glass. Joe and Cisco fly on the ground. "Oh, my God." "Barry!" "We have to shut down the wormhole. Quickly!" Stein says. Caitlin runs away. "Caitlin!" Ronnie runs after her.

"Ten seconds, hurry!" Stein says to them in the microphone. I watch Barry and Wells fight. "Three, two, one." Stein mumbles. It was turned off, just in time. "They did it. They cut the generator." Stein says to us.

There's a gunshot.

"No! Eddie! Oh, my--!" Iris screams she runs away, I stand there in shock before running after her.

"No! No! Eddie, No!" Iris screams when I follow her. She runs towards Eddie and Joe. I run to Cisco, he pulls me in his arm. Safe. I feel safe.

"Eddie, no. Stay with me, okay? Stay--" Iris sobs and holds her fiancé. Eddie says something back, but I can't hear what. I bury my face in Cisco's chest, not wanting to see Eddie die.

"No!" I hear.

He's dead.

I can't believe Eddie's dead.

"I've controlled your life for so long, Barry. How will you get along without me?" Wells... Reverse-Flash says to Barry. He screams, and his body disappears.

It's over, I think.

But it isn't.

Suddenly a blue wormhole appears. "That's not good!" Cisco yells. Barry runs to Iris. "Iris, we have to go." "I'm not leaving him!" Iris sobs. "We have to go now, honey, I'm sorry." Joe says, and Cisco grabs my hand. We run back inside the labs, back inside the cortex. We all run outside to see a big wormhole in the sky. Cars and bikes and everything flying in the sky, disappearing in the big hole.

"So, that's what we didn't want to happen." Cisco says to us. "What's it doing?" Caitlin asks us. "It's feeding. The singularity won't stop, not even after the earth is gone." Stein tells us. I hear people scream in panic, buildings explode. "I'm afraid the accretion disc has already assembled." "What?" Joe and I ask him confused. "Diffused material that's in orbital motion around the singularity." Stein explains. "What does that mean?" I ask him. "We have to disrupt the motion." Barry yells at us. "Basically, it's just like a tornado, only upside down and bigger. And scarier." Barry explains.

"Barry, that event has an energy level of at least 6,7 teraelectron-volts. It cannot be stopped!" Stein says to him. Barry looks at us. "I have to try." He puts on his mask and looks at all of us before running up. Saving Central City.

--

I hope you liked this book.

Love, Lisa

Update: I forgot to say this, but after having the sequel on on hold for almost a year I decided to delete it