12. Power Outage

--

I sigh and walk into S.T.A.R Labs. It was a long week showing my mother around. "Hey Cisco." I smile at him. "Hi!" He looks up from the paper that he's reading and chews on his pencil.

"How's your mom?" He asks me. "She left this morning. I love her, but she can be annoying sometimes." I sight and sit down.

"You don't really look like her." He says. "I know, Felicity used to joke that I was adopted when I was younger, but my mother says I look more like my father." He nods.

"Where's Barry? He's late." Dr. Wells asks us. "Late is kind of his signature move." I tell him. "Hey, uh, wanna see my signature move?" Cisco asks. There's a flash, I heard that was Barry's new name, and Barry grins at us taking a sip from his coffee.

"Sorry, guys. I got a little held up." He says and leans against the doorway. We just look at him. "You had to be there." He mumbles. "I'm gonna need a moment or two alone with Barry." Dr. Wells says. We nod and stand up. "Ooh, you're in trouble." I tell Barry before following Cisco out of the room.

"So, got any plans for tonight?" Cisco asks me. "Not really, why?" I look at him. "Maybe you want to have another movie night?" He asks me and looks a little nervous. "Sure, that would be fun." I say to him and smile. "At my place?" I ask him, and he nods. "Yeah, sure."

--

Cisco: I'm gonna be late, there's another meta-human.

Kat: Can't I help?

Cisco: No, too dangerous. I promise I'll be there soon!

--

I walk into S.T.A.R Labs to see Barry run on a treadmill. "He runs slow even for a normal person." I say, and Cisco looks up.

"What are you doing here?" "Well, after you didn't answer, I wanted to check if everything was okay. What happened to him?" I ask them. "He lost his speed." "You can't just loose your powers, okay. Your DNA was transformed by the particle accelerator blast. There's no way to untransformed DNA." Caitlin says to Barry who stopped running.

"Yeah? Tell that to the uber driver who charged me 65 bucks to take me here. Had to say I was coming from a cosplay party." Barry says to her. "So, we were wrong. This meta-human doesn't electrocute people. He siphons electricity thereby removing your speed." Wells says.

"All right. Do we think this is temporary or...?" Barry asks. "We have to run tests." Barry sights and nods. "I've gotta warn Joe." He stands up. "Barry, we will find a way to restore your speed. I promise you that." Wells tells him.

"So, about movie night..." Cisco says to me. "We'll do it another time when there are no meta-humans taking Barry's power." I say to him and smile.

"Is there anything I can do?" I ask him. "No, go home, get some rest." He says and looks at the tablet in his hand. "Is there really nothing? I don't like doing nothing... well, that's not true. I like doing nothing all day, but this is different."

"Yes, you're definitely Felicity's sister." He says joking. "But, I don't think there's something you can do. But if you want you can just stay here and look pretty." He tells me. "I mean... uh..." He looks away and I laugh. I yawn and look at the time.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna go home." He smiles and nods at me. "Goodnight, Cisco." I tell him. "Good night, Kat."

--

I lock my door behind me and take off my shoes. The lamp starts flickering before going off. That's strange. My phone buzzes.

Cisco: Meta-Human is here. Stay at home!

I ignore his text and put on my shoes again.

Cisco: I mean it! I don't want you in danger!

Kat: But you're in danger!

Cisco: We're alright. Just promise me you'll stay home.

I sight and think for a few seconds.

Kat: Fine but keep me updated.

I take off my shoes and jacket and sit on the couch. I'm not going to sleep until this meta is gone. I don't trust this. And I hate sitting here. I wish I was there with Cisco, Barry, Dr Wells and Caitlin.

--

I wake up from the doorbell. I fell asleep. The doorbell rings again. I look at the time and see that it's 4 in the morning. I walk to the door, not sure if I should open it.

I finally open the door and Cisco walks in. "Thank god, you're alright. You weren't answering your phone." He says and grabs my shoulders. "Are you alright? Did the meta hurt you?" I ask him and look at him.

"I'm okay." he yawns. "Cisco, you need to get some sleep, why are you here at this time? You could've checked on me later this morning." I tell him. "I just had to make sure you were alright." Cisco says to me.

"I needed to know if you were safe." He whispers. "I'm fine, I promise." I tell him. He looks in my eyes before looking at my lips. He leans in and his lips touch mine. I gasp and lay my hand on his neck, pulling him closer. His lips are soft on mine. He pulls away and his eyes widen.

"I... I shouldn't have done that." He opens my door again and walks away. I'm too shocked to react.

I just kissed Cisco.

And he walked away.