24. We'll always find a way back to each other

I hear my door open. "Who's there?" I walk from the kitchen to see Felicity with a tall man behind her. "Hey, Kat. Sorry, I tried to call but you didn't pick up." She says pulling me in a hug. "Oh, sorry." I pull away and look at the man who's awkwardly standing by the door.

"Oh, Kat, this is my boyfriend, Ray Palmer." I shake his hand and he smiles at me. "Hi." "Ray, this is my little sister, Katherine." "Kat. Everyone calls me Kat." I tell them and look at the bags on the ground. "I told Felicity we could go to a hotel, but she told me she wanted to stay here." Ray tells me when he sees me looking at the bags. "I hope you don't mind?" Felicity asks me.

"Oh, sure. Let me make the guest room ready." I tell them, and they follow me to the room. "You don't have to, we can do it ourselves." Felicity smiles at me and I sight. "All right. I was going to hang out with Iris, but I can cancel that." I tell them and grab my phone, seeing the missed calls and texts from Felicity. "No, it's okay. We were going to S.T.A.R. Labs anyway." Felicity says to me and opens her bag. "Wait, why?" I ask her, what if Ray finds out about the Flash? "Because, Ray here needs help on his suit." Felicity grins. "Ah, you're a hero too? Nice."

--

"So, I was thinking, Foxy hasn't been seen in a while. I wonder what happened to her, oh my god, what if she's dead?" Iris says to me when we walk into her apartment. "I don't think she is, she's probably just busy with her normal life. Maybe she thought the Flash could handle it." I tell her, and she nods. "I liked her, she showed that girls can be strong and powerful too." She grabs a bag of chips.

"I'm ready to watch this movie." She grins at me. "Oh, please, you only want to watch it because you think the actors are hot." I say laughing and sit down on the couch. "That is kind of true, so how are you and Cisco?" She asks me, and I blush. "We're back together." I tell her, and she grins at me. "I'm really happy, he makes me happy, but sometimes I'm just scared, you know." I tell her. "I haven't had a boyfriend in a while, I was always scared that they were going to hurt me or..."

"Wait, hurt you? Kat, did one of your ex-boyfriends hurt you?" She asks me and grabs my hand. "It doesn't matter." I mutter but she shakes her head. "It does, you can tell me." I sight and nod. "Yeah, a few years ago. It haunted me for years, and this is the first relationship I feel safe I guess, I just don't really want to think about it, can we watch the movie?" I ask her, and she sight. "yes, of course."

She was the first person I told that, and I don't know why. I guess I just got a new best friend. Not even Felicity knows, and I know Oliver would kill my ex-boyfriend if he found out, literally. I was afraid of telling it to people, and I always ignored it. I pushed the thoughts away by fighting crime, but now that I stopped being Foxy, the feelings are coming back.

"Hmm." Iris looks at her phone. "What?" I ask her, and she shows me her phone. Eddie's been working with the Flash. "I'm going to ask him about this." She says, and I nod. "Okay, well, I'm going home. I'll see you later?" I give her a quick hug and leave her apartment.

To Barry

Eddie knows?

But I get no answer. Hmm, probably busy fighting crime.

--

Cisco is staring at the wall. "Hey, Cisco? Are you alright?" I ask him, and he looks at me. "Yes. Yes I am." He tells me and gives me a small smile. "No, you're not. What's wrong?" I ask him

We're sitting at Jitters, Cisco called me and said he needed a little break from work. "It's fine, Kat, don't worry. We have a case with bees, I hate bees." I laugh softly and nod. "I don't like them either." I take a sip from my coffee and look at him.

"I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Cisco says grabbing my hand. "I love you too. Whatever happens, we'll always find a way back to each other, doesn't matter what universe." I tell him and kiss him.

"Kat? Are you alright?" Cisco asks me.

What was that? I... that never happened! "Yeah, I just remembered that I have to talk to Dr. Wells about something." I tell him, and he looks at me. "About what?" "Just something with my powers, don't worry." I smile at him and he grabs my hand. "You can tell me everything, okay?" He tells me.

"Why are you saying that?" I ask him. "I... I asked Iris about advice for something and she said I had to be careful, she said something happened to you, but didn't say what. You can tell me when you're ready, just know that I'm here for you." He squeezes my hand, but I stand up. "Iris shouldn't have said anything." "She didn't tell me what..." "Doesn't matter. She doesn't have the right to tell you anything." He grabs my wrist. "She's your friend and she was worried about you, I'm your boyfriend." I sight and look at him. "I'm coming with you to S.T.A.R. Labs, like I said, I need to talk to Dr. Wells."