19. Karaoke

--

After spending a week at my sister's house, I finally went home. I helped them with catching some criminals, no meta-humans, Felicity and I had some us-time, I hung out with Oliver and Thea. It was like old times, sometimes I wonder why I left, but I've got new friends now.

I place my bag on the floor as soon as I close my new door, after Snart froze it, I had to buy a new one. I put on the television because I can't stand the silence. I smile when I see a report of The Flash saving two people from a burning car. I start thinking, maybe I shouldn't be a vigilante anymore, the meta-humans are indeed to powerful for me to fight. But what else can I do at S.T.A.R. Labs? The only things I can do is fight, write and play doctor for not serious injuries. I make a mental note to talk to Dr. Wells about it.

--

There is a knock on my door. "One sec!" I yell and close the oven. I run towards the door to see Barry standing there. "Hey, Barry, come in." I tell him and close the door behind him.

"It's smells good here, what are you making?" He asks me and follows me to the kitchen. "Brownies. My mom thought me how to make them when I was little. I haven't done it in a while, so I hope they won't suck." I tell him and sit down by the table. "So, what are you doing here, Mr. Allen?" I ask him with a smile. He shrugs.

"Just wanted to talk to you, haven't spoken to you in a while, how are you?" He sits in front of me. "I'm fine." I tell him, but he just looks at me. "No, you're not." "No, I'm not. But I'm getting better, it isn't my first break up." I tell him, and his eyes grow wide. "You guys broke up?" He asks me.

"Cisco didn't tell you?" I ask him, and he shakes his head. "Cisco didn't really talk. I thought it was because you were visiting your family and the meta-human we were trying to stop." Barry tells me. "Why would he be upset because of a meta-human?" I stand up. "Do you want coffee?" I ask him, and he nods. "Hartley Rathaway. He worked at S.T.A.R. Labs before the explosion. He and Cisco hated each other." Barry tells me.

"Oh, I've never heard his name." I tell him. "Caitlin said it was because no one, but Dr. Wells liked him. But he and Dr. Wells had a disagreement before the explosion and now Hartley wanted revenge." I give him a cup of coffee and sit back down.

"Are you... Cisco did tell me that you were thinking about stopping being Foxy." Barry tells me. "Are you really?" I nod. "Yes. I... I don't have super speed, Barry. I can read minds. I can't fight people who control the weather or electricity or something like that. But, I've been thinking about it, since your fighting skills suck, I can help you with that. And I can help Caitlin when you're hurt." I tell him, and he smiles.

"Good, because without you, it would be really quiet at S.T.A.R. Labs." He grins at me. My oven makes a sound and I stand up. "Want to try one?" I ask Barry. "Yes, I'm heading to S.T.A.R. Labs now." He stands up too. I grab a little box and put 4 brownies in it. "For everyone." I give the box to him.

"You're not coming with me?" He asks me. "No, I'll stop by later this week to talk to Dr. Wells." He nods and smiles at me. "I'll see you later." He walks towards the door. I tell him bye and he runs away.

My phone rings. Barry. "Hey Bar." I say when I pick up. "Uh, I'm going to a bar where the meta-human we're trying to stop is going to sometimes. I'm going to check it out, see if they fall in any old habits." He tells me. I grin. "I'll come with you."

I walk into the bar and look for Barry. I hear its karaoke night. I see him and walk towards him. "Hey." I see him look at my outfit. "Hey, it's not too much, right?" I ask him nervously and sit down next to him. "No- No, you look... really nice." He smiles at me. "Thank you, Mr. Allen." I tell him and grin at him.

"So, this is where the meta-humans used to hang out?" I ask him. "That's what the files say." He answers, and I look around. "I thought we could kill two birds with one stone. Look for them and have some fun." I tell him. He nods smiling.

"I keep making the same mistake." He starts. "Every time Iris falls, I race to pick her up, thinking that one of these times, things are gonna change. But things are never gonna change, I am just destines to be just a friend." He sights. "Well, I haven't had a relationship in a long time, if you don't count Cisco." I tell him. He laughs softly.

"What's wrong with us? We're in or twenties. We should be having fun. We should meet people. Go on lots of dates." Barry says to me. "With our work, dates aren't ideal." I tell him and sight. "But you're right. Well, here's to liquid courage." I grab the drink that's on the table and drink it. "Wow, that's very fast." Barry says, and I almost choke on it from laughing. Says the Flash. "Excuse me? I would like to start a tap." I tell the guy from the bar.

After a while my phone starts ringing. Cisco. I ignore it and see that the karaoke is empty. Normally I wouldn't do this, but because I'm very, very drunk, I don't care. I talk with the guy from the music and climb on stage.

"Mr. Barry Allen!" Barry turns around and looks shocked at me. "Come on down! Or up." He makes no gestures, but I ignore it. "Come up here with me. Oh, come show them what you've got. Come on. Barry. Barry." The crowd chants with me. "Barry. Barry. Barry." I see him sight and he walk towards me. "Look at him, he's so fast." My eyes widen. "Ooh, Shh." He grins at me nervously. "I'm not much of a singer. And you're not much of a drinker." He tells me. "We are gonna bring this place down." I tell him and he nods. Okay just--" He sights, and the music starts. I sing the first line and Barry looks at me shocked, not expecting that I can sing. As soon as he starts singing my eyes widen. Damn, he sings good.

"You're fast and you can sing? What can't you do?" I ask Barry when I take a sip from a drink. "Stop you from drinking, apparently." He laughs. "I'm not even sure if that was mine... uh, I have to go to the bathroom." I tell him and walk to the bathroom.

I look in the mirror after I'm done. I don't feel good and I look terrible. I walk back towards Barry. I see him talking with a girl. The girl leaves before I arrive. "Barry, I don't feel good." I tell him. "Yeah? Okay, come on." He runs us outside. As soon as we stop I throw up. I feel him hold my hair. "Are you alright?" He asks me. I nod. "I think I wanna go home." I tell him, and he runs me to my house.

"Are we still running?" I ask Barry. I feel a little dizzy. "No, we're here." He leads me to my bedroom. "Uhg, Vodka and super speed. Not a good combination." I tell him. He laughs softly. He turns on the light in my room. "So, are you going to call her?" I ask him. "Who?" "That girl you were talking with." I tell him and try to pull off my shoes. "I hadn't really thought about it." Barry tells me.

"Yes, you have. Even when I'm drunk, I still know you, Barry." I tell him and throw my heels on the ground. "And, I can read minds. When I'm drunk, it gets out of control. Sorry." I tell him. "But, like I said, I know you. I know you won't call her. You're let her slip right through your fingers." I try to pull of my dress and see him turn around awkwardly.

"Because you don't think you deserve happiness. But what you don't realize is you need a little saving too." The dress won't move. "Little help, please?" I ask him. He turns around and blushes when he sees me in my bra.

"Yeah... Okay..." He uses his super speed to help me in my pyjamas. "There you go again. Saving me from that evil dress." I tell him, and I walk towards my bed. "Get some sleep." Barry tells me while helping me into my bed. "Did you... sneak a peek? At my goods?" I ask him, and he laughs.

"I wouldn't be much of a hero if I did." Barry tells me. "Yeah, but it's okay if you peeked a little. You deserve a peek for all the good stuff you do." He laughs. "Drink lots of water." He tells me. "Thank you for tonight. I had fun. We should sing together sometime when I'm not drunk." I tell him. He nods. "Anytime."