31. Welcome to the family, Kat

--

I knock on Iris and Eddie's door. Iris opens and sights when she sees me. "Are you here to apologize or for any other excuses?" She asks me and walks away from the door. I

see that as a 'Yes, you can enter, please, Kat, come in.' and close the door behind me. "

Yes, no. I want to tell you my part of the story, it isn't important but now that you know of Barry, I think I'm allowed to tell you my secret too." I tell her and awkwardly stand in her living room while she's sitting on her couch. She sights and pats the space next to her.

"The Particle Accelerator affected me, too. I'm able to read minds, and since a few weeks I am able to see the future. But I don't use my powers because I want to give people privacy." I tell her, and she looks confused. "So..."

"Well, it's just one thing of what I want to tell you. The other thing is, I am... well, I was Foxy." Her eyes widen. "Of course,... Why did you stop?" She asks me. "Well, fighting meta-humans with super powers is surprisingly harder than fighting criminals and murderers with weapons." I sight. "That explains the bruises and broken bones." She mutters. "Wait, you're able to see the future?" She asks me. "What do you see in mine?" She asks me.

"I can't control it yet." I tell her, and she sights. "Can you at least tell me if Eddie is going to be alright?" She asks me. "Barry has looked everywhere. And he's still looking for him. We all want him back, Iris." I tell her and grab her hand when I see a tear leave her eye.

"It's just so hard, being here without him." She tells me. "If you want you can stay at my house." I suggest but she shakes her head. "No. If Eddie escapes and I'm not here, I would never forgive myself." She says and sights. "Thank you, for telling the truth about you." She tells me, and I nod. "Do you want me to stay here? They don't really need my help at the moment. The only thing I really do is patch Barry up and train him with fighting." I tell her. "No, I want to help."

--

"If we find Grodd, we find Wells. And if we find Wells--" "We find Eddie." Iris interrupts Joe and we walk into the cortex. "And I want to help." She says to them. "Do you know anything about gorillas?" Caitlin asks her. "I just might."

She walks to the desk with computers and searches for something. "There have been reports of some sort of animal down in the sewers." "Mm. Alligators ... C.H.U.D.'s... R.O.U.S.'s..." Barry and Caitlin look done, and I shake my head. "Am I the only one who watches movies around here?" Cisco asks us annoyed.

"Uh, a few months ago, two sewer workers went missing. The search party reported hearing strange animal-like noises down in the tunnels." Iris tells us. "Where exactly did they go missing?" Barry asks her. "Uh, Fifth Avenue and 10th Street." "There's an access point to the sewers about two blocks east of that intersection." Cisco says sitting down. "I'll start there." Barry says walking towards his suit.

"Not alone. I'm coming too." Joe says. "Huh. Wading through miles of rats, roaches and human excrement? Count me out." Cisco says, and they look at him. He sights. "Count me in." "It's your monkey." Joe and I say at the same time.

We go to another room to look at the camera on Cisco's helmet. "Thanks for sticking up for me." Iris says to us. "Of course." Caitlin smiles at her. "For what it's worth, Barry feels really terrible for lying to you." I tell her. "He should. You lied too." She says to Caitlin. "Your fiancé."

"Ronnie, yes. Uh, I thought he died in the particle accelerator explosion, but it turns out he just caught on fire." Caitlin says. "Oh. But he's okay?" She asks him. "Yeah, he is." "Good, I'm glad." We look at the screen again. I sight and stand up. "I'm going to get coffee. Do you want some too?" I ask the girls. They shake their heads no.

--

"Kat, I haven't seen you in a while." Melanie says walking towards me. "Oh, Melanie. Hey." I smile at her. "How are you?" She asks me. "Oh, I'm fine. You? It must be pretty quiet without Stephan." She nods. "Yeah. But I don't mind. So, what have you been up to?" She asks me. "Oh, you know. Work. I've been working at S.T.A.R. Labs for a while now." I say to her.

"I've also seen you and... I think his name was Cisco, hang out a lot." She smirks at me and I blush. "He's my boyfriend." I tell her, and her eyes widen even though she probably already knew. "That's great!" She smiles at me.

"I uhm, I need to go." I tell her. "Please, we're both really busy. Can we please talk and catch up? I miss my best friend." Best friend. It's been a while that I even thought about her. I suddenly feel really guilty, I've been a really bad friend, and I nod. "Yeah, sure."

--

"How are you?" I ask Joe when I sit down next to him. "I'm alright." He answers, and I sight. "I'm sorry that I wasn't here to save you." I tell him. "Kat, it's okay. You have a life too. And there was nothing you could do." He smiles at me softly. "You know, I grew up without a father. I don't really remember him, only that he left us. I... You're kinda like a father to me, Joe. I think to all of us kinda." He smiles at that. "Welcome to the family, Kat."