36. Won't remember

"Sure, it's a bit of a risk." Wells says, we're talking to him via the security camera. "I would hardly refer to possibly causing an extinction-level event as 'a bit of a risk'" Dr. Stein snaps at him. "Yeah, and your accelerator's an about as reliable as the beater I drove in high school." Joe comments.

"Ha, ha. Let me ask you a question. How many meta-humans, how many dangers have we faced this year together? Or did you forget that was me fighting alongside each and every one of you? I have been planning this for almost decades, it will work." Wells says to us.

"And how do we make sure we don't open a black hole in the middle of Central City?" Cisco asks him annoyed. "So once the wormhole stabilizes, Barry will have one minute and 52 seconds to alter the past and return to this time. If and when he does that, you can close the wormhole and we can all live happily ever after. Almost two minutes. More than enough time to save Nora."

"But not enough time to stop you from going home?" Barry asks him. "Everything's a choice." Wells answers him. "And what if I'm late?" "You won't be. I believe in you, Barry. Always have. So, I believe the question is, do your friends and family believe in you as much as I do?" Caitlin clicks on a button and the screen disappears.

Barry shakes his head and walks away, Joe walks after him. "I'll talk to him." He tells us. I nod and sit down on a chair. I put my head in my hands and sight. The others leave the room, everyone but Cisco.

"Are you okay?" He asks me and sits down too. "Wait, that was a stupid question." He mumbles. I look up and sight again. "I probably won't remember you. I won't remember our moments, I won't remember that I love you and you love me. And you won't remember it either. What if we never see each other again, and we won't realise how much we miss each other." I say to him. He grabs my hand and pulls me up, bringing me in a hug.

"I can't promise you that we'll remember each other. I honestly don't know what to say, and I'm scared too. I don't want to loose you, but like you said, we won't remember it, so maybe living like that isn't that bad, but the thought of it is." He says and sights. "That didn't help at all."

I pull back and rest my arms in his neck. "These are probably our last moments." I say to him and lean closer. "Hmm, I should kiss you then, hmm?" He mutters back and places his lips against mine. The kiss is full of emotion and passion.

"Hmm, we shouldn't do this in the cortex." Cisco says against my lips. "Then let's find somewhere else." I grab his hand and lead him out of the cortex.

We probably won't even remember this.

--

We're standing outside S.T.A.R. Labs, Caitlin and Ronnie decided to get married. I lay my head on Cisco's chest and look up at him. He smiles down at me. "Who knows, maybe we'll be them someday." He tells me. I kiss his jaw and see Caitlin walking towards us.

"Is this actual binding?" Ronnie asks Stein. "My father made me become a rabbi before he would send me to MIT. This will be legit, as the kids say." Stein answers. "No kids says." I smile at their bickering. "Let's not fight on your wedding day." "Okay." Ronnie turns around and his mouth drops open. Caitlin looks beautiful.

She smiles at him, holding the flowers close to her. "If it's all tight with everyone, I'd like to skip all the Hebrew." Stein says to us. I laugh softly and feel Cisco's grip tighten around my ways. Seeing Caitlin and Ronnie happy makes me really happy.

"I've learned a lot about merging one's life with another this past year. And yet for all the incredible advancements in science we've all been party to the mystery that brings two people together through love is still the province of magic. Mr. Ramon, the rings please?" Caitlin hands me her flowers and Cisco walks towards them with the two silver bands on his hand. Ronnie and Caitlin laugh when Cisco kneels and grab them. He quickly runs back to me, kissing my cheek. I smile at him and grab his hand.

They put them on each other's fingers. "I owe you a real ring." Ronnie says to her. "I don't need one. I have everything and everyone that I could ever need right now." Caitlin says to him with a smile. "And if all the events of the past year have led us to this moment... it was worth it. I love you Ronnie."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Stein tells them. "Stop telling me what to do." Ronnie says to him before kissing Caitlin. Iris and I jump a little in excitement. We all cheer when they pull away. 

--

I'll publish the last chapter tomorrow 

Love, Lisa