6. Forget it

--

"Barry!" Caitlin and I run into S.T.A.R Labs. "Cut me open, the poison is inside me." He tells us. "He brought us a sample. Caitlin, we need to do a pulmonary biopsy. Extract an active portion of that gas." Dr. Wells says.

"I can't give you aesthetic. your metabolism will burn through it." Caitlin tells Barry. "I heal fast, remember." He says to her. "Do it." Dr. Wells says. "Cisco, give me the syringe." I walk back a few steps to give them space. "This is gonna hurt, a lot." "Small needle, you probably won't feel it." Cisco tells Barry. "You're definitely going to feel it." Caitlin says. Barry gasps before passing out.

"Mm." Barry mumbles when he wakes up. "The streak lives." Cisco says to him smiling. "You'd be dead if your lung cells didn't regenerate quickly." Caitlin tells him.

"Oh, my chest feels lie that one time I had a cigarette." Barry says to us. I look at him. "Yeah, teen me lived for danger." He says. I help him sit up. "This isn't funny. You could have--" "I didn't." Barry cuts Caitlin off.

"Now that we have this sample, we'll get to work. Analysing it, figure out the poison, maybe get a clue as to his human identify." Dr. Wells says looking at the computer. "Or at least find a way to stop him from turning into a mist." Cisco says. "The Mist. Okay, that's his name. End of discussion." He says, and I laugh.

"I have to get to the station." Barry says standing up. "You should be resting." I tell him. "I have to talk to Joe." I look at my watch. Shit, it's 9 PM. "Cisco, can you help me with something?" I ask him, looking at my wrist.

--

I knew where to find Stephan. He once told me of a place where he went to to think, the roof of the hospital. And I found him there. "Stephan Reed?" He turns around. "Foxy?" He asks me. I nod.

"I heard from someone you're a big fan." He nods and walks towards me. "I am." He grabs my wrist, luckily not my broken one. "Who told you?" He asks me. "A friend of mine, Kat. She was helping me tonight and lost track of time. I told her that I was going to talk to you. She's really sorry." I tell him. He nods. "It wasn't really important. She was helping you, how?" What am I going to say?

"A friend of mine was attacked, she was there helping him survive." I tell him. "She never told me you were friends." He says. "I asked her not to."

"Kat, you have a few minutes left before you feel the pain in your wrist again." I hear Cisco's voice in my ear. "I have to go. It was nice meeting you, Stephan." I tell him.

"Wait." he says. I turn around and look at him. 'I... can we meet again?" He asks me. "Uh, I don't know if that's a good idea." I tell him. He grabs my gloved hands. "Please, Foxy, I want to get to know you." He says and looks in my eyes, I'm so glad for my coloured eye contacts right now. "I'll think about it. I really have to go now." I tell him. He nods and lets me go.

When I get back at S.T.A.R Labs Cisco and Caitlin help me with my wrist. "I hate lying to people." I tell them. "It's for the best." Caitlin says to me.

--

"You're going to tell me what's going on." Melanie says while sitting down in front of me. I look up from my book and sight. I was sitting in the back of Jitters reading my favourite book and drinking coffee.

"There's nothing going on." I tell her. "Yes, there is. You've been disappearing a lot lately, you have never time to talk and you forgot dinner last night. I asked you if you were seeing someone, you said no. Than what is going on?" She asks me.

"I..." I look down. What the hell am I going to do. "She was at my house." I hear behind me. Caitlin sits next to me. "Like we already told you, we're working on her book, together." Caitlin says. "

Oh, then show me." Melanie says, not believing us. I look at Caitlin, what the hell am I going to do. "I don't have it right now." I say to Melanie. She sights and stands up. "Whatever. If you're not going to talk about it, I guess we don't have to talk at all." She walks away.

"Has she ever heard of privacy?" Caitlin mutters before looking at me. "Are you alright? How is your wrist?" She asks me. "Yeah, I'm fine. And I think my wrist is getting better. I hope so, because I can't stand doing nothing any longer." I say to her. "We stopped the meta-human, Cisco and I are going to the movies like old times, wanna join?" She asks me. I smile at her. "That would be great."