Chapter 8

The operation took longer than expected but it was completed without any disturbance

Yoongi took off his mask as he left the operating theatre. He sighed and stretched his arms out to relief the muscle ache that was due to the long hours of standing and non-stop surgery performance.

"Great job again, Hyung!" Hoseok chirped as he walked out and took his gloves off. He set the gloves on the tray and washed his hands thoroughly.

"You did great in assisting me too, Hoseok."

Hoseok giggled proudly, "Of course! I am a professional doctor after all! Top scorer of medical school and-"

"The best physician working in the best hospital in Seoul," Yoongi continued his sentence for him and rolled his eyes, "If Namjoon didn't need to take an extra course in botany then you would have been second."

"At least I'm not clumsy like Professor Kim!" Hoseok whined which caused Yoongi to chuckle.

Those two were of same age but they didn't drop the formality. They were actually pretty awkward with each other, especially since Namjoon's father had worked with the coloured eyed people before.

"Anyways, I'm going off. Make sure to check the patient for any side effects," Yoongi reminded as he finished washing his hands and walked off to his office.

"Hyung!" Hoseok called out and Yoongi turned to him. "Who is that person in your room? Jaehwa told me he's your patient."

"She loves to run her mouth, doesn't she? Reminds me of someone"

"Hyung!" he whined and pouted which caused Yoongi to laugh.

"Anyways, he is my friend who just came back to Seoul and a patient as well."

"I see. When are you going to introduce me to him?"

Yoongi didn't know how to reply as he couldn't decide if it would be a good idea. However, suspicion would grow if he didn't.

"You can meet him now."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Jin and Jaehwa returned back to the office just about the same time as Yoongi and Hoseok. They met at the doorway.

"Candy, where did you go?"

"The rooftop, oppa."

Hoseok checked Jin out from head to toe and smiled as he held his hand out to him.

"You must be Jin-hyung," he chirped, "I'm Jung Hoseok."

"Oh so your name is Jin!" Jaehwa had actually forgotten to ask his name.

Jin stared at the hand and was about to reach it when Yoongi grabbed it. The three of them had their eyes on Yoongi who chuckled nervously and swung Hoseok's hand like a child.