Chapter 20

Cold water was splashed onto Jin to wake him up harshly

Cold water was splashed onto Jin to wake him up harshly. The wounds stung and Jin forced his eyes to open to look at the culprits.

His sight was becoming blurry due to constant brutality towards him. Although it did heal minutes later, it was still extremely painful.

He wondered how many days and nights had passed by. His mind was always on one person. He just hoped that she was fine.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Jaehwa had lost her conscious ever since that night. It had been three days and she had yet to wake up. All of them just hoped that it was a normal occurrence and not comatose.

Hoseok arrived back safe and sound. He reported everything to the rest and he looked at them with worry as they didn't say anything when he asked about Jaehwa. It was Yoongi who took the courage to relay her condition to him. He almost passed out upon hearing it. He had been staying beside Jaehwa since then.

During one of those days, Yoongi masked himself and went out without anyone noticing. He slithered his way through the cafe where he had requested someone to come.

He remained seated and waited for the other nervously. He wanted to finish it quickly so that he could return back and look after Jaehwa.

His eyes travelled to the entrance when the door bell on top jingled as a person came in.

Jungkook arrived in his casual clothes to not attract attention from anyone else inside the cafe. Pretending to be a normal customer, he ordered his food and headed straight to Yoongi's table.

"Looks like someone escaped well," he hummed and earned a glare from Yoongi.

"It's not time to be joking around."

Yoongi didn't have time to waste.

"Why should I listen to whatever you are saying?"

Jungkook had a point. Ever since, the other became an officer, their relationship drew apart. However, Yoongi knew that he was the only person who could handle the job.

"Jin has been captured a-and I need your help."

Almost immediately, Jungkook became serious. He had known Yoongi for years and not once had the other seek for a favour from another. He tilted his head and waited for the other to continue.

"My father probably planned to use him as a propaganda to spread fear among humans so that they would hate the coloured eyed. Also, to ensure the coloured eyes knew who they were dealing with."

"Isn't the young king capable of escaping by himself?"

Yoongi sighed, "If he went wild..."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••