Chapt2. then i try calling you again

"Them." She glared. "Stray Kids."

The girl was pointing at a group of nine boys while girls screamed and awed as they walked in. The other boys looked either envious or just as excited as the girls. She was surprised when she noticed the boy she saw earlier- the one that lived across the street and had an eye-catching smile. But now he was not smiling. He had a cold expression as he walked alongside the eight other boys. "My best friend dated Lee Minho for three months." She began. "Three months is pretty short, but it's enough time to fall deeply in love. Eventually, Minho dumped her. When she asked for an explanation, he told her that he grew tired of her, which made her insecure and less confident." The girl glared at them with hatred. "She transferred because of him." The girl glanced at Hyejin then realized she was talking too much and probably made Hyejin uncomfortable. "Sorry. I talk a lot."

You sure do... Hyejin shook her head. "It's alright. You can tell me the whole story." Hyejin said, before she regretted saying it.

"In the beginning, I already had a bad feeling about him, but it was just a feeling. I wasn't sure. In the middle of their relationship, I found out that he lost interest in her. Funny. These boys are so popular, they're basically celebrities. As you know, celebrities have fans. Some hard-core fans. So, after the break-up, their "fans" insulted and mocked my friend. They called her worthless. She didn't tell me until the last day. The amount of pain she had to go through..." The girl stopped to take a breath. "Oh yeah. By the way, my name is Kim Sohye."

"Oh um I'm Jeon Hyejin. By the way, do you know anything about him?" She pointed at the boy she saw earlier. Stray Kids stopped in the middle of the hallway because of the insane crowd of screaming fans.

"Him?" Sohye pointed at Hwang Hyunjin. Hyejin shook her head. Sohye moved her finger to the left. "Him?" Hyejin nodded. "Oh that's Lee Felix." Sohye bit her lip. "I'm not too sure about him, but he gives me bad vibes."

* * *

Hyejin hurried to class and took a seat at the chair almost next to the classroom window. Her teacher emailed the seating chart a week beforehand. Thankfully, Kim Sohye was one of her classmates so she wouldn't have to be lonely- however, Sohye was placed on the other side of the classroom. Just before the late bell rang, three boys entered the classroom and she recognized all of them. One of them was Lee Felix. She glanced at Sohye and they made eye contact. From Hyejin's eyes, she could already tell that Sohye wished that this class didn't contain any member of Stray Kids. Poor her. Hyejin thought. One of the boys, the one that seemed like the youngest, took a seat on the chair to the right of Hyejin. The one who looked like a squirrel sat next to Sohye and Hyejin noticed Sohye curse under her breath.

Hyejin was about to turn back to her phone but in the corner of her eye, she saw Lee Felix walk towards her and take a seat by the window. The seat connected to hers.

She didn't know the trouble that would await her.

published
031718