Chapt4. you're feeling the same thing as me

Hyejin rushed home alone as soon as the dismissal bell rang. She waited one week until a certain drama would air another episode. She would munch on snacks while watching the episode on her sofa. Perfect. She felt excited just thinking about it.

Hyejin flung the door open. "I'm h-" she sniffed. Macarons. One of her favorite desserts. Gosh, I love my mom. She headed towards the kitchen and reached for the cute, pink macaron.

"Jeon Hyejin! These aren't for you!" Said her mom. Each word broke her heart. "We moved here in late August! We didn't give our neighbors anything, so I decided to give them macarons. You go give our neighbors these so you can make new friends okay? Be polite." Hyejin grumbled. "There's extra macarons on the counter for you AFTER you hand these out." Her mom sighed. Hyejin nodded desperately, grabbing the bowl of macarons and slipped into her shoes and headed back outside.

* * *

Hyejin's neighborhood was more of a quiet one. There were a few houses on each block. The houses were really big. Although, she liked the neighborhood and interior design of her old house more, this neighborhood seemed decent.

After a few minutes of knocking and handing out bags of macarons, Hyejin went back home with one bag left.

"Hyejin, you're done handing out the macarons?" Her mother, Mrs. Jeon asked. Hyejin nodded. Mrs. Jeon looked at the bag and looked at her. "Stop lying. We have only six neighbors and six bags! That means you didn't give one to them. Go on, hurry up." Her mother shooed her out the door. Hyejin had thought of hiding the macarons but when she looked back, she saw her mother peeking from the window. She got the shivers. Why is my mom so creepy? Why can't she trust me? Geez! Hyejin faces the house across her's. Felix's home. She was avoiding this house and now, she was forced to knock on the door and interact with him or his family.

She walked up the stairs that were surrounded by fresh, green grass. Finally, she reached the door. She walked in a circle for three minutes debating on what to say if she sees Felix. Oh my god, why am I nervous? He doesn't even know me. She shrugged it off and raised her arm a bit so that she could knock on the door. Just when she was about to knock, the door flung open and she was out of balance. She shut her eyes closed, knowing that she would fall down the stairs and get injured... but she didn't. She opened one eye first, then the other. Her face quickly flushed red. She didn't fall down the stairs, but just fell down on her bottom. Oof. She glanced at the person who opened the door. Just as she expected, it was Felix. Completely shameless, she held up the bag of mouthwatering macarons.

"Want some?"

published
033118