Chapt15. sing me a lullaby

Jihyo was smiling as she arranged the flowers in the vase. "Why are you so happy today?" Changbin asked, with his wireless ear buds on.

"Does it really show?" Changbin nodded at his sister, who was only a few months younger than him. "Well..."

"Is it Hyunjin?"

Jihyo blushed. "Woojin oppa helped me get Hyunjin to go to a restaurant with me next week. I will ask him out there."

Changbin frowned. "You shouldn't be the one asking him out."

"It's no big deal. I don't know his feelings..."

"He likes you." Changbin stated.

"You don't know that~"

"Who won't like my perfect little sister?" Changbin said.

Jihyo smiled and hugged her older brother. "Thanks,"

-

"Minho."

"What, charismatic boy, Changbin?"

"I want you to see who Hyunjin likes."

"Hyunjin likes someone?-"

"Just check."

"Fine, fine. Whatever you say."

-

The sky was already dark. The moon was visible and there were no clouds in sight. They could feel the cool breeze hit their skin while the streetlight flickered. Hyunjin was walking Hyejin home from school. "Your parents must be worried."

"Oh yeah, they didn't call me yet..."

"Really? Maybe something happened."

Hyejin paused for a moment."Hyunjin, you're scaring me..."

"Oh, really? Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to." He quickly said. Hyejin smiled and nodded, but the uncomfortable feeling couldn't leave her. They were a few houses from her home. "Remember how we met?"

Hyejin chuckled. "I was about to keep your dog if my mom hadn't forced me to find the owner. How is Kami?"

Hyunjin smiled. "Kami is fine. Cute as always. You can visit him often." They finally reached Hyejin's house.

"Really? That's awesome." Hyejin unlocked her front gate. "Thank you for walking with me. See you tomorrow." Hyunjin smiled at her and headed to his house.

bzzz bzzz. bzzzzzzzzz.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Is this... Jeon Hyejin? Daughter of Mrs and Mr. Jeon?" The called asked.

Hyejin's heart started beating. She was halfway up the small staircase outside. "Yes.."

"Your parents have been in a car accident..." She only heard those words. Her heart was pounding very quickly now. Her hands started trembling and before she knew it, her hands gave up and she dropped her phone. "Hello? Hello? Miss Hyejin?"

"Hyejin!" Hyunjin called and ran to her. "What on earth..." Hyejin could barely look at Hyunjin.

She couldn't control herself. Her chest felt heavy and she had a hard time breathing. "My parents... they..." She started sobbing.

Hyunjin picked up the phone from the ground. "Hello?"

published
052318