Chapt27. only holds an ambiguous shape

(A/N: i just read a chapter of young wings (other book) and IM CRINGING SO MUCH HELP)

SENIOR TRIP DAY 2
6:07 A.M.

Hyejin woke up startled by her stomach growling. Oh, right. I skipped dinner last night. She had her pink and navy blue striped pajamas on and their tent was extremely cozy for some reason. She looked beside her. Ara and Sohye were still sleeping. She quickly peeled the band-aids off and whimpered. That really hurts. She examined her cuts. They weren't bleeding anymore but she replaced the old bandages with new ones. The sun was still rising when she walked out of her tent and slipped into her sneakers.

After washing up, she headed to the picnic tables where the teachers were setting up the food: bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich with orange juice. She tried to walk normally because she didn't want to get caught by the teachers and miss out on the fun activities.

"Good morning, Hyejin,"

"Good morning, Hyunjin!" Hyejin smiled. "Do you normally wake up this early?"

Hyunjin shook his head. "It's really hard for me to wake up." He laughed. "I just couldn't sleep last night."

Hyejin looked concerned. "Why?"

Hyunjin stepped closer to Hyejin. "How can I sleep knowing that you're badly hurt?"

Hyejin's face flushed red. "It's not that serious! I can walk perfectly fine!" Hyejin tried to demonstrate but her legs gave up and she almost collapsed onto the ground if Hyunjin hadn't caught her.

"Mhm, sure."

Hyunjin and Hyejin took a seat and started eating their breakfast. After a few minutes, some girls started walking toward the tables. Hyejin recognized Jihyo and Chaeyeon. "Wow, they're pretty." Hyejin said as she munched on her food.

"Not as pretty as you." Hyunjin said without looking up and Hyejin almost choked on the bacon. What's up with Hyunjin..? Jihyo took a seat next to Hyunjin and Chaeyeon took a seat next to Hyejin.

"Hey Hyejin." Jihyo greeted.

"Hello.." Hyejin awkwardly said.

"Why aren't you sitting with your friends?" Hyunjin questioned, even though he looked like he didn't really care.

Jihyo looked offended and hurt. "Come on, can't I sit with Hyejin for once?"

Chaeyeon smiled at Hyejin. "You're very pretty."

Hyejin smiled awkwardly. "Thank you."

"We should hang out sometime." Chaeyeon said and Hyejin nodded. I hope not. I don't even know you that well. Hyejin secretly betted that Chaeyeon would never talk to her after this.

"Are you coming to my birthday party in a week, oppa?" Jihyo asked Hyunjin.

Hyunjin shook his head. "Sorry, Jihyo. I don't think I can make it. I have a dance competition on that day."

Jihyo gasped. "Right! I forgot! You, Minho, Felix, and a bunch of other dancers are competing, right? Don't worry, we can celebrate it at the café near it." Felix has a dance competition?

"Really? If everyone is fine with that."

Jihyo nodded. "Bye~" and left with Chaeyeon.

Hyunjin shook his head. "I knew she had a purpose coming here."

Hyejin placed her arms on the table. "You guys are dancers?"

"Yup. Oh, also, Hyejin-ah,"

Hyejin was munching on her sandwich. "Hm?"

"Can you come and watch it?"

Hyejin's eyes widened. "Of course!"

Hyunjin's face lit up. "I also have something to tell you that day."

Hyejin tilted her head. "What? Can't you tell me now?" Hyunjin shook his head? "Please?"

Hyunjin placed his fork down. "Are you curious?" Hyejin nodded. "Can you dress up a bit when you come? I want to treat you to dinner that day."

What is he going to tell me..???

published
060318