Chapt41. im just waiting for you again today

Hyejin had shorts on and sunglasses. Some girls were staring at her and then talked to each other. Instead of confronting them like she would normally do, she just walked a few rows back. Thankfully, Felix was no where in sight.

* * *

in l.a.

They arrived in a modern and clean hotel. Hyejin got her keys and was escorted to her room. Sohye and Ara had to use the bathroom. Hyejin unlocked the door to see suitcases and neutral colored bags scattered around and some plushies. Who is in their right mind to bring plushies on a trip?? What is the purpose of that?? It's just more to carry.

Hyejin checked her keys. It fits perfectly inside the keyhole. But... these are Sohye and Ara's bags? Ara would probably bring plushies on her trip. Hyejin shrugged and closed the door. She was beat. She dropped her bags and plopped onto the bed. The mattress and pillows were super soft and the blanket was cozy. She quickly fell into deep sleep.

"What are you doing in my room?"

Hyejin woke up from the loud and deep voice. She rubbed her eyes. Felix was in her room, standing.

Hyejin quickly got up. "This is my room. Please get out or I will report you." Felix threw his key at her and it scratched her face. Hyejin winced but looked at the key number. It was the same as her's. She got out of the bed and slipped onto her sneakers and headed to the Korean staff. "Excuse me, but my friends should be with me in room number 156, but does he have the same keys as I do?"

The female staff cocked her head and then gasped. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! We heard there was a problem with the sorting..." she then brought out a key. "Here is the room number you're supposed to be in. Sorry for the inconvenience." Hyejin turned to see if Felix was still there, but he was already in his room and shut the door. She put her hand on her chest. "I'm the one that told him to treat me like a stranger... but why am I the one feeling hurt...?"

* * *

7:08 p.m.
HOTEL

Ara was sick. She started coughing and couldn't leave the bed. She used a whole box of tissues. Sohye was beside her and handed Ara another tissue. "Ugh, my throat..." Hyejin handed her a cup of warm water. Ara looked at them. "You guys can go play... I don't want to get you sick."

Hyejin raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" Ara nodded.

Hyejin glanced at Sohye but Sohye shook her head. "I'm gonna wash up and sleep. Sorry. I'm just super tired."

"I'll just stay here then. There's nothing to do."

"Oh yeah! There's a movie playing in the theater here. You should check it out."

"Okay."

* * *

Minho and Chan dragged Felix all the way to the theater to watch a movie. It's rom-com, they told him.

There were barely anyone in the theater. Felix sat in the middle, between Chan and Minho.

"We're gonna go get popcorn and drinks." Minho said, dragging Chan. After they got up, they saw a familiar face— Hyejin. Felix didn't spare a glance at her. Hyejin looked at them and awkwardly took a seat in the front. Minho gave Chan the look and they headed out together. Felix got up from his seat and was about to head out.

"W- wait." Hyejin said. "You can sit here. I'll leave."

Then, a woman who looked like she was in her late fifties got up and shushed them and told them to sit down. Hyejin looked at Felix awkwardly and they both sat down.

The movie was half way done and she started hearing low noises.

"Ohmygoodness.."
"Ai- aiyah.."
"Oh my god mom-"

Felix noticed Hyejin chuckle and he gave a small, quick smile. Then, he saw a face on the top corner of the screen and fell off his seat. They heard the old women muttering, most likely about Felix. Felix got up and sat back down, to see a Ryan neck pillow. He was about to give it back to Hyejin when a creature with scales suddenly ate a man in the movie. Felix brought the pillow up to his face and clenched it. Chan help. When the movie was almost done and at the saddest part, Hyejin heard sobs. He's such a softie!

When the movie was done, she felt the urge to talk to him and laugh at him. No. There's no point in these moments. I will have to forget him and bury him in these memories when I leave.

She felt a poke on her shoulder. She turned around, hoping to see Felix. Why... do I still have feelings for him...? All he did was hand her her neck pillow and he left.

I shouldn't have talked to you.

I shouldn't have been with you.

I shouldn't have confessed.

"Feelings suck." Hyejin mumbled.

published
062718