Chapt5. im sentimental

"Want some?" Hyejin said to Felix, while sitting on the cold ground. He looked at Hyejin with confused eyes. "They're macarons. My mom made them."

Felix finally opened his mouth to speak. "Your mom knows me?"

"We didn't have ddeokbokki and it's 2018 after all, we have to be modern, you know."

"Why do you need ddeokbokki?"

Hyejin rolled her eyes. "Because we just moved here."

"That makes no sense."

Hyejin was completely annoyed now. Of course it makes sense! Everyone in Korea knows you should give rice cakes to your neighbors when you move! Unless... "Are you from another country?"

"Why do you want to know?" He said. Oh, you idiot! Just answer me! She tried to calm herself down. Before she could reply, some guys came out of his house.

"Ya, Felix. Is it one of those girls that are chasing after you? Are you gonna turn her down, too?" The boy said as he approached them.

It? Chasing after him? Why would I chase after an idiot? Turn her down? No one turns me down. "I am not an it. I am a girl, if you didn't know."

"Ooh, she's different from the other girls. They're super clingy and-"

Hyejin shushed him. "I don't care about him nor those girls. That's none of my business. I'm leaving. Bye." She said. She shoved the bag of macarons into Felix's arms and ran down the stairs, trying to look cool and trying not to trip. Felix and his friend watched Hyejin head to her house... which was directly in front of his.

* * *

Hyejin shut her door as fast as she could and pressed her back against it in relief. Girls? Is he a player? Ugh why did I have to think a stupid player was attractive. Wow, I must be out of my mind. Hyejin, you've reached a whole new level of stupid, she told herself, as she headed to her precious macarons.

* * *

Hyejin was on her way to class. She had to stop by her locker to get her books. (She woke up late, again). She stopped dead in the middle of the hall when she sees a girl walk to Felix and hold onto his arm. Hyejin was sure he was surprised, and judging from his expression, he probably didn't even know who that girl is. She recognized the girl- she was Hyejin's senior. She didn't want to get involved, but they were blocking her locker. If I don't shoo them away, I'll be late to class. I can't afford to be late again... Hyejin walked towards them and shooed them away with her hands. Her senior glared at Hyejin. "Excuse me. Thanks."

"Ugh! Oppa! Make her go away!"

Hyejin rolled her eyes. "He's not your slave. And don't bother, I'll go once I get my books," Hyejin examined her face and added on, "sunbaenim." Hyejin's senior's mouth dropped, and she looked at Felix. Felix was expressionless, while her senior was mortified. Hyejin laughed. "You're older than him, so why do you call him oppa? Oh yeah, don't you have already have a boyfriend your age?"

Her senior looked at Felix, asking him to help with her pleading eyes. Felix just moved his arm away from her grasp, without looking at her, and she looked offended. Hyejin pitied her, but she was also weirded out. Her senior took a few steps back. Hyejin thought the girl would collapse from being so embarrassed, but her senior just ran.