Chapter Two

I'm not sure if I should continue this story.... Please comment, and vote, and add to Reading List, or follow me aha.

Love Mama Marshmallow xoxo

********

Finally, at the end of the day, our family meet at the Volvo in the parking lot, like we usually do, but something was different this time. Uncle Edward wasn’t here.

“Where’s Uncle Ed?” I asked, cocking my head to the side.

“He texted me, saying he was leaving early, but wouldn’t say why.” Auntie shrugged, flicking her beautiful blonde hair, as she climbed into the driver’s seat, and Mum climbed into the passenger seat beside her.

I climbed into the middle seat, in between Dad and Uncle Em. “Hey shorty.” Uncle Em laughed, at my unpleased expression. I don’t like being in the middle of the back seat, all squished together. Ugh.

When we got to our beautiful big white house, Papa’s black Mercedes was parked out the front. “What?” I breathed. I doubt Papa had returned from work early, so why is his car parked out the front?

We exited the car quickly, all of us with the same confused facial expression etched onto our features, and ran in vampire speed into the house. Nana was dry-sobbing with a hand over her mouth, looking quite small and fragile, and Uncle Edward was staring blankly, with no sign of Papa in the house.

“What’s going on?” Uncle Em asked, for all of us, as we looked on and stared in misunderstanding.

“I’m. I’m going to Denali for a while.” Uncle Ed said, in a calm, composed tone.

I gasped quietly. No! No, he can’t leave us!

“What? Why?” I asked, in a panic tone. Dad wrapped an arm around me, and pulled me closed, and kissed my temple lightly.

Uncle Edward tensed. “I had Biology class with Isabella Swan today.” Is that all? He shook his head, ‘no’ and continued. “She was made to sit next to me. Her blood, it was so strong, and so unbearably sweet. All I could think about that entire lesson, was how to lure her away from people, and drink her dry. I just, I just need to get away for a bit.” Blood Singer??

“You don’t have to go!” I whimpered. Uncle Edward looked at me with a pained expression.

“I need to.” He whispered.

“When will you be back?” Nana asked, in her motherly tone.

Uncle Ed took a breath. “I don’t know. A week, or so?”

That was it. I raced to my bedroom, and sat on my bed, struggling not to let the tears overflow. A few minutes later, soft footsteps followed me up the stairs.

Uncle Ed walked into my bedroom, and sat next to me. He wrapped a single arm around my shoulders, and pulled me close. I took in his bitter-sweet scent, with a whiff of my powerful nose.