Chapter Eight

Second update of today!!!!

Make sure to VOTE, COMMENT, FAN and FOLLOW!!!

Love Brooke

Love Mama Marshmallow xox

********

As Uncle Ed arrived with Bella, Uncle Em and I were playing catch. “Hey there!” I called to Uncle Ed and Bella as I waved eagerly.

“Oh, you don’t play with them?” Bella asked Nana with confusion, and a shy tone.

“No, I prefer to referee—I like keeping them honest.” Nana explained, with a smug smile.

“She thinks we cheat.” Uncle Em laughed, as he threw the baseball back to me, which I caught with one hand, without looking at it.

“Oh, I know you cheat.” Nana called fondly. I rolled my eyes playfully, as we made our way to our positions.

“It’s time.” Mum smiled, as she looked way from the rumbling sky, and I knew even Uncle Edward would hear from where he was positioned.

Uncle Emmett swung the aluminium bat, as he took his stance, and Dad stood several feet behind him, as he was catching for his team. I was on Papa, Uncle Em, and Auntie’s team. The other team was made of Uncle Ed, Mum and Dad.

Mum stood straight, deceptively motionless. Both of our pitching styles were stealth, and not an intimidating wind-up. She held the ball in both hands by her waist, and then, like the strike of a cobra, her right hand flicked out and the baseball, a blur, smashed into Dad’s waiting hands.

He hurled the ball right back to Mum’s waiting hand. She permitted herself one quick grin, and then her hand spun out again. Uncle Em, however, this time made it around in time to make contact with the baseball with a loud ‘crack!’. It was shocking, thundering; the sound echoed off of the mountains.

The ball shot off like a meteor into the sky. Uncle Em was a haze around the bases, with Auntie shadowing his movements. Uncle Edward was gone, after the ball. I heard the sound as he caught the ball in the forest.

“Out!” Nana called, with a smile. I knew she was secretly on their team!

 I was up next. I stepped up to the plate, with a smirk on my face, as I faced my beloved mother with a bright smirk on my face. She grinned right back, and with a flick of her wrist, the baseball came speeding towards me. I smashed the bat into the ball, sending it into the outer field, close to the edge of the forest, as I speedily and gracefully took off around the bases. As I made for home, I skilfully flipped, and landed in the splits, as Papa pulled me up, and high fived me. Aha, in your face Mum! I poked my tongue out playfully, as I allowed Papa to take his position.

The rest of the inning continued, and when the first inning commenced, my team was up by one. When the second inning started, I was pitching for my team, but Papa pleaded for a turn ever so childishly, so I took his place in the outer right hand side of the  clearing, and gave him my pitching position. Uncle Edward was up to bat, and he knocked one my way with an ear splitting ‘crack!’