Chapter Twenty-One

“Okay, Em, it’s official.” I announced, suspenseful, as the wolves, and Bella and Emily, turned to be curiously, after a large meal that Emily had cooked up this afternoon. “Em, I figured out.” I paused enthrallingly. “You are trying to make me fat.”

That caused the entire group to laugh hysterically, as I rub my full stomach. “Lo, you could never be fat.” Jared laughed in disbelief, as he ruffled his cropped black hair.

“You have seriously got the best figure—it’s a bloody hour glass!” Paul exclaimed, as he inconspicuously checked out my body.

“Seriously, you make Emily and I look like potatoes by the way you look and dress.” Bella spoke up quietly, but still grinning, her chocolate coloured eyes glowing in happiness. I think I’ve done the right choice, coming here for Bella. But I can’t begin to imagine what it is going to do to her when I leave for good in a few weeks.

I giggled quietly, and flushed a gentle pink in embarrassment. “I was joking about how full I always am when I visit you lot, thanks to Em, but thanks for the compliments guys.”

“Oh! No worries!” They all chorused, but grinned teasingly, signalling to me that they already knew it was a joke.

“What’s the time?” I queried after a moment of silence, as I stared at the darkened night sky, finishing my steaming mug of hot chocolate—that Embry surprisingly made for us.

“Wow! It’s seven o’clock!” Bella exclaimed in surprise, as she pulled out her mobile phone and looked at the clock.

“W-o-w. Yep, I best be getting off.” I giggled in amusement, as Sam stood up from beside me, and stretched out his long, brown arm. I smiled sweetly, and placed my hand in his palm, and he helped raise me to a standing position.

I placed the empty mug of hot chocolate onto Em’s round, wooden table, and turned around with my hands on my hips. Emily was the closes to me, so I gently embraced her ‘goodbye’. Then I hugged; Jared, Embry, Jacob, Bella, Paul, Sam.

As I was about to leave, Paul stopped me suddenly. “You shouldn’t go by yourself at night. It isn’t safe!” Paul said sweetly, with a worried expression on his face. “One of us will take you.”

“Well…” I shrugged, as I looked out at the big white moon. I looked down, and caught sight of a beautiful brunette boy covered mysteriously in a full body cloak. I grinned happily, as my already quick heart skipped quite a few beats in excitement, just by looking at the smirking vampire standing in the cover of the trees. I turned around to face the group.

“I won’t be going home by myself.” I beamed at the girls meaningfully, and Emily grinned.  When the boys went to patrol for an hour this afternoon, I told the girls all about Alec, not mentioning his name of course, and they were happy, and worried for me. “My friend, he’s picking me up I guess.”

Emily and Bella jumped up and joined me, trying to take a peak of the mysterious brunette that was staying at my house. “Chloe, he is gorgeous.” Emily breathed excitedly, and Sam cleared his throat loudly. “You’re gorgeous too Sam.” Emily said, distractedly.